Chapter 3

Bridgett P.O.V

I can't let Carmen find out I knew about her sister's death before it happened. That would tear our friendship apart and hurt her. Regardless of the part I played in Natalia's death I stilled loved Carmen.

Yes she was my best friend but my love for her went deeper.

She's has beautiful brown skin with black hair down to her back. Her eyes were so big and brown and when she looks at you it looks like she can see into your soul.

Her sister Natalia was beautiful to. She had the same brown skin and black hair , but her hair was cut to her shoulders. Her eyes were brown, but not as big or beautiful like Carmen's.

Natalia knew my love for her sister she wasn't so oblivious to it as Carmen is.

I remember our last conversation like it was yesterday.

(Flash back)

The door of my diner flung open as Natalia ran inside slamming it behind her and breathing as if she has been running for her life.

"Natalia what's wrong" I asked Rushing to her.

"I think I'm being followed" she said with tears in her eyes casting a glance out the door.

"What!!" I said alarmed "by who? Should I call the police?"

"No no I don't want Carmen to get all worked up it's probably just nothing."

"Girl I can read you just as well as I can read your sister what's really going on?"

I led her by the hand over to the counter to sit and fixed her a glass of water

She took a sip then sighed "well I don't wanna get into the details but someone is looking for me. And I'm scared when they find me it's not going to end well" She said sobbing.

"What!! No Natalia you have to call 911" I yelled grabbing my phone.

"No" she said knocking the phone out of my hand "if I go to the police whoever this is, is going to kill Carmen I can't lose my sister."

"What if she loses you I asked?"

"She's strong she'll be fine and once I'm gone she'll have nothing to worry about she said getting up."

"You can't be serious" I said "what do you mean nothing to worry about? Natalia I can't let you put your self in danger."

"You don't have a choice it's either me or my sister and I damn sure won't let it be her." She growled back at me.

"Natalia please the police can help just talk to them" I said crying.

"It's not that simple she said looking out the window. I gotta go please don't tell Carmen just let me figure it out. I'll book us a flight and leave New York we'll be fine" she smiled trying to reassure me.

"Ok I'm giving you a week, If y'all arn't gone by then I'm going to the police" I said.

"Thank you she ran over to hug me. Just in case something does happen to me promise me you won't tell Carmen or the police anything this conversation never happened."

"Ok" I said looking into her eyes for the last time

"And one more thing, take care of my sister she might never love you on the level you love her, but she loves you girl."

(Flash back over)

"Bridgett" Carmen yelled.

I blinked back to reality "Yea huh yea sorry" I zoned out I giggled.

"Did you hear what I said."

"No" I said shaking my head.

She sighed "I said I found two boarding passes to Miami Florida on Talia's computer dated for a few days after she died."

"Boarding pass why" I asked already knowing the answer.

"That's what I wanna know" she pouted.

JUSTICE FOR NATALIA (completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें