Baby Basics pt. 1 👶🏻

THE THIRD WEEK OF JANUARY, 2018

Pidge was a problem solver. Any equation could be solved if she put her mind to it. If she was lost and had no directions, she'd just apply the concept of way finding she developed after watching Moana with Hunk. If she was low on cash she bartered with other customers until she was able to earn enough money. There was almost nothing Pidge wasn't prepared for or couldn't solve.

Almost.

What Pidge wasn't prepared for was for the fact that two of her friends could bang until one of them got pregnant. And now she was faced with a dilemma. One that Pidge had no knowledge or skill of solving:

Pidge was going to be an aunt of two baby twins in less than two months. Pidge, the most socially awkward person in the world.

Thus, the brainy female Holt was currently lounging on the McClain sofa, watching the baby bump with an intense stare, gathering as much research as she could about her "subjects". She could see how one baby could be growing in there but two just seemed like kind of a stretch. Yet she had seen the ultrasound pictures and most definitely there were two tiny babies curled up inside Keith.
    The pregnant male was reading a mother's magazine, dressed in a simple green dress that ended just above his knees, his round pudgy middle creating a large bump in the middle. Lance was dressed much neater, a simple blue polo and some gym shorts.
    Pidge couldn't help but notice how much Keith had transformed since conceiving. Where his normal harden chest would be there were two plump sacks of flesh holding nutritious breast milk. It was stubby, no bigger than a B cup, but to a man, it was huge. The more muscular areas of Keith's body had been reduced to squishy fat and stretch marks... which Pidge knew he would be complaining about more stretch marks as his pregnancy neared it's end.
    Originally, Keith was staying at home all day with Lance since today was one of few days Lance wasn't training. Everything was going smoothly until Pidge showed up demanding that she spent more time with the twins before they were born. And honestly, neither Lance nor Keith was in denial. They would have plenty more time to cuddle the baby bump later.
    "Hey Pidge,  if you want you can at least talk to the twins. You know, just to let them know your voice." the suggestion was warm and inviting, and it was Keith who was spilling it.
   "What would I even have to say? They have no understanding of who I am"
    "So make them understand" it was Lance this time, listening to the chatter from the kitchen. He was fixing Keith some classic ants on a log with a side of ketchup and pickle relish. The cravings could escalate in the coming weeks.

This, however, was where the dilemma for Pidge Holt began.

She was already an anti-social person, not very fond of talking to people. She didn't know how to interact with people she hadn't met before, and the twins were no exception.
Carefully, she hovered just above the bubble of birth and cleared her quickly drying throat. Keith had put his magazine down to give her a better look and Lance had stopped making the snacks, having already finished a few minutes ago and still nibbling on the remains of celery stick.
The Holt took a shaky breathe before speaking, her voice coming out strangled and nervous:
"H-hello twins.....I..uh..I'm your auntie..."
     Keith tried to stifle his snicker as Lance gave a gentle smile. That's was their socially awkward friend, in the flesh.
"This is so stupid. If they can't understand what I'm even saying, how am I suppose to communicate with them?"
"Maybe sing to them? Lance always does that when they start going crazy" Keith suggested, changing his position on the couch. He winced a few times before he settled back down again, his back a tad bit more straight.
That was another thing Pidge just didn't understand about kids. The period before they are born, they tend to be a pain in the ass for mothers'. Constant kicking and bathroom breaks, increase in mood swings and the worst timing imaginable. Why would anyone want to go through being a mom anyway?
      "I wouldn't sweat it Pidge. There will be plenty of time to bond with the babies" Keith said giving a gentle smile to his friend. He shifted again, another kick felt through the green fabric.
"He's right Pidge, there no need to force it right now" Lance added, walking over to the couch. He balanced the plate on top of Keith baby bump, leaning down to kiss his husbands temple. "We should be going soon if we want to make it back by dinner"
The pregnant male munched on the peanut butter spread celery stick as Lance's eyes rested softly on Pidge's, a smile lining his face. "Your welcome to come too, if you want, that is". The short haired female gave a look of confusion, her eyes darting between Lance and Keith.
      "Why, where are you going?" She asked, sitting up on the couch. She watched as large tan arms snaked their way around Keith's pale neck. The couple looked at each other. A smug smirk on their face, before they turned to look at a very confused Pidge. She gulped.