The Flower Garden 🌺

Keith woke up to the usual morning sickness, the nausea and the sinking feeling in his gut. He walked to the bathroom, holding his round belly the whole way. Tightly he held his stomach as he heaved into the toilet, letting last night dinner mix with the toilet water.
      When he was done throwing up,he quickly brushed his teeth to get the taste out of his mouth. He proceeded into the kitchen, looking for his husband. He expected Lance to be at the stove or even on the couch asleep, because nowadays Lance prefers to leave Keith with the master bed all to himself. But strange enough, Lance wasn't there.
       "Lance?" Keith called over and over again, all around their apartment. He waddled around the rooms, growing more and more impatient and worrisome as he came up with no results. Sadly Lance was no where to be found. At that moment something happened to Keith. Like some kind of switch clicked in his head, and he began to cry. He blames it on the mood swings, mostly because normally he wouldn't cry if his husband wasn't home. But right now, it just felt so sad to him, like Lance was going to leave him and the babies alone. It felt horrible. It felt terrible. It fel-
       "Keith? Babe I'm home!" Lance called, unlocking the door and entering the apartment with two white plastic bags.
     "Lance?" Keith whimpered from the couch. Mentally, he cursed himself for sounding so pathetic. The old and not pregnant Keith would of slapped the new and pregnant Keith if he could. That's how weak he sounded, and if you know Keith, he hated to be called or even referenced to be weak.
        "Keith? Awww honey, were you crying because I wasn't home?" Lance cooed, slipping into the couch were Keith was.
      "No dumb*ss, don't kid yourself" Keith snarlingly replied, turning so Lance couldn't see his tears.
"Im sorry, I had to pick up some flowers from the local garden shop" Lance said, wrapping his arms around Keith's big belly. It was growing everyday now, and Lance thought that the bigger it is, the more beautiful it became. Softly he rubbed circles on the soft skin, making Keith relax and snuggle next to him. The two ended up together, with Keith in between Lance's legs. He kissed Keith's temple, making Keith purr a little, which was totally adorable.
"Why did you have to buy flowers?" Keith asked, half asleep by now.
"Weeeeeeeeelllllllllllll you know how we're always telling ourself that we would decorate our balcony with flowers?"
"Mmmmhhhmmm....but we never do" Keith answered half slurred with sleep.
"Well Hunk and Pidge have agreed to help us make a flower garden! Plus Shiro, Allura, and Coran all agreed to help out as well. And when we're all done will have some Hunk lunch! What do ya say? Sound pretty neat right!" Lance babbled on excitedly.
"It does sound pretty neat....but um...Lance?" Keith asked in a hushed voice. Lance stopped talking and started to pay attention to his now softly spoken husband.
"Yeah, what is it babe?" He whispered.
"I don't know if I'll be able to....you know...because of the babies" Keith gestured to the baby bump, picking up lances hand and gently laying it on top of it.
"Not to worry! I asked Hunk if you could stay in the kitchen and help him cook something yummy for lunch!" Lance replied with more energy than Keith thought possible. But he'll have to admit, cooking with Hunk is always fun!
    "Sure sounds great. What time will they be over?" Keith asked, getting up from the cradled position he was in.
     "I called them and they said that, like, 12:00 would be good." Lance said, getting up from the couch and helping Keith to the bedroom so that he could change. Keith wasn't too picky about his clothes. Before it was any big t-shirt and some XXL black slacks from the local thrift store. But now? It was all about Lance's comfortable and surprisingly good looking maternity dresses. Keith picked out a sleeveless floral pattern maxi dress with a see through Shaw. Lance (of course) thought it was absolutely adorable. Keith just picked it because today was basically all about flowers.
The two did meaningless things just to fill the void of time, until they heard a knock at the door.
"They're here!" Lance exclaimed, excitingly jumping off the couch and running towards the burgundy colored door.
"Lance calm down or you'll scare them away!" Keith hollered, laughing as he followed his energetic husband to the front door. Once the door opened it was all hugs and kisses. The 7 friends greeted each other with no formalities, the mood becoming more relaxed with every passing second. Mostly, Keith got all the attention. Pidge was absolutely fascinated with the two small living organisms growing in Keith's uterus, Allura was trying to get info about the new phase he was going through in case she wanted to conceive one day, and Shiro was practically smothering Keith with affection, going on and on about how proud he was that his little brother was pregnant.
Now for Lance, none of that should be a problem. I mean, they were married and all, AND I MEAN, it's not like Lance is jealous at all! But with everyone crowding around his lover, who could blame him if he was getting a bit antsy?
"Okay guys!....why don't we get started on the flower-power garden, yea?"
"Lance."
"Yeah babe, what's up?"
"Never ever in the rest of our lifetime will you ever say flower-power. FOR ANYTHING. Capeesh?"
The whole apartment went silent......it made Coran anxious to drop some pins, just like what humans always talk about. Or was that not a good thing?....
"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnngggg" Pidge exclaimed.
"C-capeesh babe!" Lance stuttered, starring straight into Keith's eyes. In all honesty, Keith can be stern with him sometimes. But during pregnancy, he was on a totally different level.
      "But seriously guys. Let's get started on the flower garden!"
And so outside and inside the team was hard at work making both Keith's and Lance's dream a reality. Shiro, Lance, and Coran were hard at work pruning the flowers with thorns and Allura and Pidge were arranging the flowers so that the blues and reds faded into purple. It wasn't that tricky, but some of the flowers Lance picked out weren't that easy to fade with. In fact, Pidge kept criticizing him and telling him that next time he should take Keith with him, and surprisingly, Lance didn't argue.
Inside, Keith and Hunk were crafting a delicious lunch for their friends. They had several plans to make something Italian then Asian, but they finally settled on making something Spanish-American..... at least after Keith nearly burned himself cooking on the stove.
    "So Keith.... I, uh.... I was wondering what sex the babies are. I mean...I'm gonna be an uncle soon so, uh, you know. It would kinda be cool to know. Is it a girl and boy?! Two girls?! Two boys?!"
    "Hunk, honey bunches your burning your fajitas"'Keith interjected, trying to hide his smile as Hunk extinguished the flames.
      "S-sorry"
   "It's alright, no worries. Actually, we, Lance and I, asked the doctor to not tell us until they are born"
     Hunk gave a curious looked at Keith as he took the grilled corn off the grill.
    "Do you guys want to be surprised or something?"
    "Yeah something like that" Keith sighed as he starred out the window, looking at his dreamy husband dressed in blue, pruning  some morning glories.
    "You know, I'm really happy you guys tied the knot and now are having kids. You guys are so perfect for each other, y'know?"
    "You really think so Hunk? Remember we used to hate each other and everything..."
     "Yeah but that's not the case anymore is it?" Hunk said deviously as he chopped the chili peppers into oblivion.
    It didn't take Keith long to reply, especially with a golden ring starring him right in the face.
        •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

        It took a good six hours for the team to be done with the flower garden. Dressed in the corners were red and blue flowers and all along the railings were a mix of purple flowers all intertwined with wire. Pidge and Allura even took it one step further and added a mini battery powered fountain in the shape of a flower as well as two big "k" and "l" frames lined with red and blue flowers. In the end, the 7 actually ended up eating dinner out on the balcony instead of lunch. They all laughed and giggled under the decedent fairy lights and naturally brilliantly stars.
       Before long the activities fizzled. Light conversation was mixed in with sangrias, and expressed gratitude in spicy fajitas.
     But through all the conversations, foods, and drinks, there was a certain mood that wasn't like anything anyone had ever experienced, mainly because only one person was experiencing it. It was a burning feeling, like a fire deep within his heart. It ached and longed for his dreams and fantasies to become a reality. All the while he starred longer and harder, trying his damnest to get noticed and at the same time, trying not to. It was like a mess of feeling all jumbled in his head, torturing him into submission. It's wrong... so very wrong...isn't it? The voice said mocking him with a dastardly voice.

Hmm?......Shiro?

Hey guys!
So what did ya think? What's going to happen to Shiro? What feelings is he keeping bottled up inside? And why would this author not tell what sex the babies are? (Don't worry about that last one...I got a few ideas in my head😜)
Btw: fans of the anime free and people who partake in swimming competition-I kinda need your help with some swimming info since I've never written a story about swimming ('cause yes, Lance is a swimmer)
Alrighty then....stay tuned for the next chapter. Adios! ❤️