🌺Welcome to the McClains🌴

" Sooooo.....when are we going talk about it?"
Lance turned in his airplane seat to look at his husband. Right now they had just boarded the 10 pm flight to Miami, Florida. They were settled, Keith just a bit tired for boarding a plane so late. It was a two hour flight, but Lance was sure Keith was going to be sore from sitting so long. Lance had a confused expression  written on his face in response to the question.
"Sorry babe,I️ have no idea of what your talking about"
We'll.....Lance should've seen the flying elbow making a bee line to his rib cage, it was totally predictable. Lying to Keith's face wasn't something you get away with easily, escpecially now that he's semi-heavy with twins.
     Lance hissed in response, looking over at Keith with a pained expression. "Wow babe! That hurts!"
      "Good. I️ wanted to inflict some good, old fashion pain" Keith said in an annoying tone. He stared out the window, trying to calm himself down, remembering the warnings of doctor Flynn.
       "Babe.......babe c'mon. I️ honestly don't know" Lance begged, wheezing for air. Frustrated, Keith looked back at Lance with a little bit of anger I️n his eyes.
"Well let's see Lance, when was the last time you saw your mom, or for that matter, even talked to or wrote to her, Hmm?" Keith stated peevingly.
"Well....we've been sending her Christmas cards every year, and sometimes she calls, but not so much recently. I️ only assumed that she must be busy right now." Lance answered honestly.
     "And what do you think was the last thing she remembers about us?" Keith asked, impatiently, waiting for his gullible husband to figure it out.
"Um.......me still training for the Olympics and you still working at your job?" Lance answered, racking his brain for answers.
"Or in other words, she has no idea that she about to be a grandmother." Keith explained, rolling his eyes. He unconsciously rubbed his pregnant middle, letting out a long hard sigh.
Now, there's two major things that Keith remembers about Ms.McClain very well. The first thing is that she hates to be lied to...which is almost a given with all mothers. The second thing is that she hates it more when people only partially lie to her.

And right now, Lance was partially lying to his mom.

"Look, we both know that she going to take the news well, my mom loves kids. She'll love her grandchildren even more" Lance answered, swinging an arm around Keith shoulders.
"But even so, how is she going to take it when she hasn't been notified for almost five months?! Don't you think she'll be upset that she's the last person to know?" Keith asked solemnly, rubbing over his out popped belly button.
"I think she'll forgive us....just this once" Lance whispered, kissing Keith's temple. "Now get some rest, or else you regret it later"
Keith only nodded, snuggling into Lance's shoulder, sighing contently. Lance knows his own mom better than he did, so he had to take his word for it.
In less than a few minutes Keith was already asleep, snoring softly. Lance, being the good husband he is, pulled out a blanket and covered them both, more Keith than him.
"ALRIGHT PASSENGERS PLEASE TAKE YOUR SEAT, WE'LL BE LIFTING OFF IN ABOUT 15 MINUTES"
Lance looked pass Keith and out the plane window. Since it was late November, snow was starting to fall and the air was turning iceberg cold. Lance watched as the remaining autumn trees produced browning leaves, each of them falling slowly, drifting like fairies in the wind.
He chuckled to himself, finding it somewhat ironic of how the weather would be changing in no time at all. Florida shouldn't be to cold around this time of year. It never is.
Lance began to drift asleep, his mind wandering off into his own dreamland......

••••••••••••••••••••

Lance found himself in the pumpkin patch from when he went with the gang. A memory perhaps? He was walking right alongside Shiro, the sky a golden halo with soft white clouds drifting by slowly. The world seemed....calm, and it seemed as if they were having a good time as well.
"So...have you figured out what your going to do, now that you've told Keith how you feel?" Lance found himself asking, turning his head to face Shiro.
Shiro smirked to himself, contemplating about how to respond. "Well, now, that's a question both Allura and I would like to know. It's been....complicated."
      "Yeah? How so?" Lance asked curiously.
      "I love Allura, that much is clear. I fought tooth and nail (literally) to have her hand in marriage. I never going to give that up. But something tells me that the feeling I had with Keith will be coming back. How do I cope with it so that it doesn't hurt anyone again? How do I tell Allura? I need to figure that much out before I move on"
      Lance remembered only nodding all the while, not really sure what to say or how to act. It reminded him of how he used to be when he was trying to figure out what he was.
       "Listen...I'm sorry I told you to stay away from Keith. That was wrong of me. Your the only family he's got, and I'd be damned if I took that away from him" Lance said, brushing his hand over one of the large orange pumpkin.
      "You had the right to" Shiro responded, shrugging his shoulders. "You were just trying to protect Keith...I can respect that"
Lance nodded, silently thankful for the acceptance to his apology. He looked out over the field of enormous pumpkins, his thoughts going once more to Keith and his unborn twins. To the roundness of Keith belly and the warmth of his body. His dark, circular eyes and long, luscious eyelashes. His texture...his taste.........