2nd Visit, 2nd Opinions

THE SECOND WEEK OF JANUARY, 2020

"Alright then, that's it for today" Alice announced, unhooking Keith from the many wires littering his stomach. He moved to stand up, with the help of Alice of course, and was able to make it safely off the examination table. Keith pulled the hem of his red sweater over his bulging middle, taking to rubbing it once more.
    "Thanks again Alice" he said, giving his OBGY-N a thoughtful smile. "How's everything looking so far?"
    "Your in the green, so it's pretty good. The twins heartbeats are becoming a little more active now. Can I assume that they've begun to move and kick?"
    Keith nodded sheepishly, pulling up his gradually sagging pants. This morning, he recalled, they started kicking when Lance began to sing in the kitchen when he was making breakfast. It was started to look like they really loved their dad...and that was a truly wonderful thing.
      "Your due somewhere in March. I'll have the precise date available at our next appointment. Have you been preparing?" Alice asked, taking a seat at her desk and pulling out some papers from a file cabinet.
    Keith thought for a minute, not entirely sure how to respond. Sure, Allura has made sure to help Keith with baby prep, but he hasn't really touched up on it. He was meeting with her today, so maybe he'll ask when he had the chance.
    "I haven't really been preparing" Keith answered honestly. Alice nodded understandingly, shutting the gray file cabinet with a thud. She sat back in her chair, taking to flipping through the small stack of medical papers.
     "Just make sure that when the time comes, you'll be ready. Okay? Sometimes just relaxing and not doing anything at all is doing a ton. Eat a lot so the babies are full and try not to push yourself too hard" Keith nodded, soon becoming lost in thought. It really was getting close now, wasn't it? Now, having kids and starting a family with Lance seemed so...real.
"Hey, where's Lance? And who's picking you up from the hospital? I don't want you walking anywhere this far into your pregnancy" Alice asked concerned, packing the medical papers and pamphlets on pregnancy into a vanilla folder. She pulled out a sharpie and began writing Keith's name on it.
"Lance and I are taking a short break from each other today" Keith said shrugging, turning towards his doctor. Her emerald eyes went wide.
"What? Why? Did something happen between you two?!"
"No! No, of course not. We've been spending a lot of time with each other and it's been great, but he had to go back to training. You know, this year's the year!" Keith explained, slinging his bag over his right shoulder. He did his best to not let his disappointment show. Without Lance, he'll admit, the day was shaping up to be quite boring.
"Oh okay" Alice said cheerfully, handing Keith the vanilla folder, nicely clipped and neatly filed. "And your ride?"
"Allura's picking me up to go to the coffee house. She wanted to talk to me about something important, though she's never hinted at what I could be" Keith said generously , taking the file and slipping it into his bag.
    Alice smiled, patting Keith on the shoulder. "I'm happy for you Keith. But it seems as though you've been stressed lately. Got a lot on your mind?"
    Keith sighed heavily, pulling a fake smile on his face to cover up the pain.
"Something like that. But Its nothing, really" he lied, pulling open to door. "I'll keep in contact with you. Thanks again Alice"
"No problem. Call me sometime, we can talk about the baby and I can answer any question that you might have"
    "Yeah, will do" Keith said, giving Alice a exhausted grin before walking through the door.
    "Oh, and Keith?"
     "Mmm?"
      "In that folder, there's a pamphlet describing the different types of  baby classes that the hospital offers. I already took the liberty of signing you up for 'Baby Beginnings'. The instructor is an old friend of mine and I've already told her all about the twins, so she knows. The class details are in the pamphlet, so make sure to read it. Okay then, goodbye Keith, see you soon."
     Keith only nodded his head, silently appreciating Alice's hard work. He waved to her before closing the door behind him and starting his trip to the front drop of loop of the building. He rested both of his hands on either side of his baby bump as he walked down the empty halls of the hospital.
So far, everything's been really crazy, mainly because it seems as though the universe has it out for Lance. And it just so happens to be going after him as of late.
That night, when that girl, Myxie, Keith recalls, showed up at their door, their relationship took a slight shift on the bad side. Lance started to really be overly protective. He was always afraid that he would hurt Keith emotionally and, he hoped not, physically. It seemed as though his past was coming back to haunt him, and it was terrifying him in and out.
But that was stupid, Keith thought. Lance distancing himself was the worst possible thing to happen to him and the babies. But he couldn't understand, not in the slightest. He's never really had multiple lovers like Lance did. In fact, he wasn't even sure if he wanted to know what Love was after it had been snatched from him all those years before he met Lance.
      By the time Keith reached the front sliding doors of the hospital, he was at a complete lost as to what to think about his husband. What was Lance really going through and why hadn't he opened up to him about it yet? He just couldn't understand it anymore, and that's what scared him the most.
   "Keith!" A voice shouted, a cheerful tone outlining it. Keith snapped his head in the direction the sound came and was met with long locks of white hair and huge rounded glasses. He smiled as he made his way over to his friends waving at him from inside the Black SUV. Allura was waving out of the driver seat and Pidge has poked her head out of the window as well.
"Hey Keith" Pidge greeted, a small smile plastered on her face. She opened her door and slipped out, offering Keith her seat. The pale man gave a slight nod, pulling himself up into the large car. Pidge took the back seat, settling herself in the middle.
"How did your appointment go?" Allura asked, turning her black keys in the ignition and starting her car.
Keith slouched in his seat, tightly squeezing his now enormous baby bump. He didn't really want to talk about the worries or the schedules or anything to do with babies right now. But he gave Allura a silent "good" under his breathe.
     His phone buzzed in his small bag, making the thick leather pouch vibrate itself. He ducked his hand in the bag and pulled out his phone as Allura started up a conversation with Pidge about British aliens. It was a text from Lance