Chapter 34: It's You

The car ride over was silent. Gavin was trying to process everything in his mind.

Connor was trying to push down his growing emotions.

He hated this. He knew that Gavin still loved him.

So why couldn't they just be happy and be together?

-x-

They both exited the car. Arriving at Gavin's house.

Connor quickly made his way to Gavin's side and took his hand, interlacing their fingers. Gavin allowed him to do this as they walked up to the door. Thankfully Niner had left it unlocked.

The pair stepped inside, Gavin closed the door behind them. Connor still had his hand in his.

"N-Niner?" Connor asked in confusion, his LED going yellow.

"Hello, Connor. Gavin." Niner had suspected that Gavin would bring Connor home... He looked at Gavin, "I apologise for not asking for your permission, Gavin... But I hope you don't mind that I have borrowed one of your shirts. My sleeve was covered in Thirium and I needed something to wear after I cleaned my wound."

"Yeah. That's fine."

Connor retracted his hand from Gavin's, "You and Niner!? Why didn't you tell me!?"

Gavin rolled his eyes and grabbed onto Connor's hand, "No. You are not thinking that. I am not sleeping with Niner. I told him he could stay here tonight because Lara is being abusive."

Niner grimaced, "That sounds awful. No offence, Gavin but... I would never have sex with you."

"Thanks...?" Gavin said.

Niner then looked between the two of them before he spoke, "Oh please. Please don't tell me you two are going to perform sexual activities together whilst I am in the same house. Anything but that."

Gavin chuckled, "No, Niner. I won't put you through that pain."

"I appreciate it." he paused, "Is there anywhere I can go into sleep-mode comfortably? It is required for me to self-repair at a faster and more efficient rate."

"Uhh... You can take my room. I'll stay down here with Connor."

"Are you sure?"

Gavin nodded, "Yeah. I'm sure."

"Well. Thank you, Gavin. Thank you for letting me stay here tonight."

"No problem. I will speak with Oxton at work tomorrow."

Niner nodded before heading up the stairs.

Connor's hand had tightened around Gavin's overtime. His LED was still yellow. Gavin lead him over to the couch so they both could sit down. His thumb caressed the android's knuckles in order to try and calm him down.

"There's no need to be jealous, Con." Gavin smirked.

"I'm not." Connor looked away from him.

Gavin brought his free hand up to Connor's jaw to turn him back to look into his eyes, "Yeah you are." he winked. The two were extremely close to one another, Connor could feel Gavin's warm breath ghost over his lips.

"Look I know it's weird... Me lettin' someone who looks exactly like you stay over. Someone who looks like my ex." he paused, feeling Connor's fingers tense around his. He brought the android's hand up to his lips before dropping it back into his lap, "But he is being abused. This is just the next step in me accepting androids. Niner is my partner. My work partner. And I won't let Lara do shit like that to him. Just like how I won't ever let anyone like Fawkes do anything to you ever again."