Chapter 33: Opposites Attract

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" Gavin started, "You're the one who chose the CD! And this song isn't so bad..."

Connor's smile widened as he glanced over to look at Gavin. He saw the man trying to subtly mouth the words as he focused on the road ahead of him.

I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
I just wanna be here with you, right here with you
Just like this
I just wanna hold you close

I feel your heart so close to mine...

Connor's heart hurt. His wanted to be with Gavin. Badly.

Trusthfully. He was trying to make Gavin jealous by saying that he had an interest in the FBI Agent.

He still felt like noone else in the world would ever be able to understand him like Gavin does.

He still felt like Gavin would be the only person to ever love him.

"I have CDs that don't just have mushy love songs on, you know?" Gavin said.

"I know." Connor nodded slightly, he turned to look back out of his window.

Gavin couldn't stop the smile from appearing on his own face.

-x-

"That I want it that way." Gavin had began to sing... Poorly. But Connor secretly loved it. He loved how open Gavin was with him, "Tell me why! Ain't nothin' but a heartache!"

"The songs seem to be getting worse."

Gavin scoffed, pretending to be offended, "You wound me, Con!"

-x-

"Knocked on your door. With heart in my hand. To ask you a question. Cuz I know that you're an old-fashioned man."

Connor knew that Gavin was messing around... But he enjoyed it anyways.

"Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life, say yes, say yes. Cuz I need to know."

"Did you just indirectly call me a daughter?"

Gavin chuckled, "Maybe."

He was having fun letting his walls down with Connor. It honestly felt like they had known eachother for years. They finally felt completely comfortable around eachother.

"Can I have your android for the rest of my life, say yes, say yes. Cuz I need to know, You say I'll never get your blessing til the day I die. Tough luck my friend but the answer is no."

Connor tried so hard not to cringe at the lyric change.

He also tried so hard not to let the lyrics get to him... The way Gavin was singing them felt so real. But they were just friends. And that's the way things had to stay between them.

"We could just go to the bar." Connor finally suggested.

"As much as I would love to see drunk Connor again..." he smiled at the memory. But then it was replaced by a frown.

He remembered Connor's words fondly.

Don't leave me.

And he had in turn replied with: I wouldn't dream of it.

His heart ached at the promise he didn't keep.

He could only imagine how Connor had felt when they split.

He cleared his throat and continued, "I'm not really in the mood for having a drink and ordering a taxi and all that shit. I would much rather be able to drive home."