Chapter Twenty-Two: Broken Curse, Broken Soul

"AHHHHHHH!!!" Nayumi yelled in pain as she took over Miroku's injuries. 

"What is she doing?!" Sesshomaru growled; not being able to cross the barrier. 

"She is transfering his injuries to herself." Kikyo said in a said voice. 

"What are her chances of surviving this?" Kagome asked. 

"That depends. She already had wounds from miasma, but she is also very strong. I cannot determine the outcome. Only she can." Kikyo replied. 

        Nayumi could feel Miroku's wounds forming up her arm. She managed to stop her screaming, but she couldn't keep herself from whimpering in pain. 

"No!" she yelled as she felt a spirit try to stop her. 

"Father." Sesshomaru gasped. 

        Stop this. Inu no Taisho said. 

Get out of here! I'm going to save at least one person! Nayumi yelled at him; tears streaming down her face. 

You're killing yourself! Not even you can cheat death forever. His voice rang in her mind, but she didn't care. 

"I won't give up!" Nayumi yelled out loud. What she thought were tears turned out to be blood. 

"Nayumi!" Sesshomaru yelled. 

"I'm fine. Agh." Nayumi said; choking on blood. 

I won't let him die. I can't. Nayumi thought; closing her eyes.

        "Stop." Kikyo said; grabbing Sesshomaru's robe sleeve. 

"Let me go." he said in a cold voice. 

"If you stop her now, then they both will die." Kikyo said. 

"If she dies it's on you." he replied; eyes as cold as his voice.

 "What did you mean by father?" Inuyasha asked. 

"It was nothing." Sesshomaru replied. 

"AH!" Nayumi couldn't stop the screams anymore. Blood poured from her eyes and mouth, and it only got worse as the poison spread close to her heart. 

"Stop this!" a voice yelled as it threw her back. Only Sesshomaru and Nayumi knew who it was. 

"No!" Nayumi yelled as she landed on her back. She was thankful she got most of it, but she couldn't finish the spell. 

"Are you okay?" Sesshomaru asked. 

"I'm fine-" her words were cut off by a sudden intake of breath as she sat up. Clutching her arm to her chest, she couldn't breathe. She expected something like this to happen, but she wasn't expecting something of this degree. 

"Nayumi!" Sesshomaru growled. Nayumi knew what she had to do.

"I must go." Nayumi said; pushing away from Sesshomaru.

"You're not going anywhere." Sesshomaru said; grabbing at her hand.

"You're are not to follow!" Nayumi yelled; throwing sutras on the ground and creating a barrier.         

        It wasn't just the miasma bothering her. She could feel something creeping through her body. She couldn't take the chance of this being another one of Naraku's traps to try and make her kill everyone.

"Hello there." Sakura's voice stopped her dead.

"If you're here then my suspicions where correct." Nayumi growled; placing a hand on her sword.