Chapter Seven: Sleeping Beauty Curse

"Do you ever sleep, demon?" Nayumi muttered.

"Not when you're going to just run the minute I do." Sesshomaru replied; eyes still closed. 

"Who said I was going to run?" Nayumi asked. 

"You did." he answered. 

"I need my armor." she replied. 

"We will get it in the morning. Too many demons in these woods for me to leave Rin and you alone." he said; finally opening his eyes. 

"I could take care of Rin." Nayumi mumbled. 

"I'm sure you could, but would you protect yourself as well?" he asked. 

"I would protect Rin. That's all that matters." Nayumi said; crossing her arms. 

"We'll get your armor back, or we'll get you knew armor later." Sesshomaru said; closing his eyes again. 

"That's ancient armor. I don't want new armor." Nayumi snapped. 

"We'll get your armor back. Get some sleep." Sesshomaru replied.

"I'm going for a walk." Nayumi said and forced herself up.

"Lay  back down." Sesshomaru said; already in front of her.

"I'm just going for a walk. It's what I do when I can't sleep." she replied and tried to step around him.

"Too many demons." Sesshomaru said.

"Demons are always around me." Nayumi shrugged.

"What about Rin?" Sesshomaru asked.

"You'll be here with her." Nayumi replied.

"I'm forced to go where you go to keep my promise." he pointed out. 

"Well aren't you just a loyal dog." Nayumi neared, "I don't need you watching over me. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. I've done it for years."

"I still have to go with you." he shrugged.

"Fine." Nayumi finall said.

        She pulled Katana from it's sheath and walked over to Rin. She thrust the sword into the ground and put a spell on it.

"What are you doing?" Sesshomaru asked.

"You insist of going with and I'm going for a walk, so now Rin is protected." Nayumi replied; limping past him.

        "You coming?" she asked when he didn't follow.

"You're leaving your sword?" he asked; catching up without a problem.

"Something has to protect her. Plus, putting a spiritual spell on it always pisses off Otaku." Nayumi replied.

        No one said anything for a while. Nayumi on the very edge of the path, and Sesshomaru walked on the other. It was no surprise when a demon struck out at her.

"Ah!" Nayumi screamed as it bit into her left side; just barely missing the wound from Naraku.

"Your blood taste better than the rumors said it did." the demon hissed.

"Ki. Baht. Sho." Nayumi said then placed her hand on the demon.

        The demon evaporated and Nayumi fell to the ground.

"Your robe is ripped." Nayumi said as she held her side; breathing getting heavy.

"So's your skin." Sesshomaru retorted.