Chapter Six: Pain, Promises, and Mischief

"Sesshomaru, Lord of the Western Lands, you seem like a much more worth opponent." Otaku smiled at him.

        "Don't worry, she won't be waking up for a while this time. Naraku really did a number on her." Otaku smiled when Sesshomaru didn't respond.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." Sesshomaru replied.

"So you can sense her spiritual powers swirling around, can you?" the demon laughed.

"I just don't think she will let a demon control her body for long, that's all." Sesshomaru said.

"While she's techinically dead she has no choice." Otaku laughed, and Sesshomaru flinched.

        "How can you care about a human girl? Espeically one that throws up at the thought of you two as a couple." the dragon laughed.

"Who said I cared." Sesshomaru replied.

"Don't you?" Otaku asked.

"She's nothing to me." Sesshomaru shrugged, "I hardly know her."

"So you didn't follow her scent the whole way here?" Otaku proded.

"What are you trying to get at?" Sesshomaru asked.

"That you love this girl." he answered.

"I'm not capable of such feelings. Especially towards a mere mortal." Sesshomaru replied.

"Then why don't you go ahead a kill her? I'll even give you a free shot. What do you say? I release a blade and you rip it out?" Otaku offered, "If you don't kill her, then she'll just kill you." 

"She won't be able to." Sesshomaru retorted. 

"Really? From what I've seen, she's the only human who's ever been able to strike you." Otaku teased. 

"I'm getting sick of your voice. Do what you wish with the girl. I'm leaving ." Sesshomaru said and started to walk away.

"How about I go kill her sister and make her watch. How do you think Nayumi will handle that?" Otaku said. 

        Sesshomaru lunged at Otaku without pulling his sword. I tried to grab Nayumi's arm, but the demon moved her body to quickly.

"Are you crazy? Attacking me with bare hands? You're poison claws won't affect me!" Otaku laughed.

        While he was distracted, Sesshomaru lunged again. This time he managed to grab Nayumi's arm and pull her towards him.

"You better hate me enough that this works." Sesshomaru said as he pulled her into a hug.

"What are you-" Otaku started, but Nayumi's body started to pulse.

        "What-" Nayumi started, "What happene- GET OFF ME!"

"Pleased to." Sesshomaru muttered.

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!?" she exclaimed; furious.

"The dragon demon in you is annoying." Sesshomaru shrugged and started walking away.

"So you hug me?" she asked.

"I figured it would be the quickest way to wake your spirit up. Seeing as you can't stand my touch." Sesshomaru shrugged.

"I can't stand any demon's touch. Don't think you're special." Nayumi retorted.

"Don't take too long to come see Rin." Sesshomaru said, and started to leave again.

        As Nayumi was leaving she heard Inuyasha confront Sesshomaru. She didn't bother to stick around and see what happened. She didn't want to see Inuyasha's reaaction to finding out Kikyo was dead. Instead, she limped off to go mend her wounds.