Chapter Sixteen: Death's Grasp

Author Note:

        Thank you to everyone who has read this story so far! Leave some comments so I know that you guys think! Now back to the story :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        "I'll kill you with my bare hands!" Nayumi yelled and went to ran at him, but Sesshomaru stopped her.

"Don't." is all he said.

"You bettere have a damn good reason for stopping me." Nayumi said in a low voice.

"Here." he said; taking off his robe and pushing her behind him, "Put it on."

"It's your armor." Nayumi protested.

"I will be fine. Just do as I say, slayer." Sesshomaru said.

        Something about him is different. It isn't right. Sesshomaru thought. 

"Fine, dog." Nayumi said; taking the robe and wrapping it around her shoulders.

"I am your only opponent." Sesshomaru said.

"When I  kill you I will take the human as a wife." Arochimaru laughed.

"Excuse me?!" Nayumi exclaimed.

"You won't live long enough." Sesshomaru said; voice calm, "Step back, Nayumi." 

       She was caught off guard by the sudden use of her name, but she did what he said. Nayumi didn't know what was happening, but Sesshomaru's hair started blowing around him. Only when a low growl escaped Sesshomaru's lips did she know what was happeneing. 

He's transforming again. Nayumi thought.

Within seconds, a huge dog demon stood in front of her. She didn't know what to think. She had never seen a demon of his size that had the same amount of power. Strangly, she still was not scared of him.

I let you treat me however you please. The least you could do is shut up and let me protect you. Sesshomaru's words ran through her head again.

"Fine. I'll shut up and let you protect me this time." Nayumi muttered, but she knew he could hear.

        Sesshomaru lunged at Arochimaru, but hit a barrier. His claws were the only things able to penetrate it before he was pushed back.

A barrier! Nayumi thought.

"Guah. Kwan. Chiyori." Nayumi said; the barrier shattering.

"Wretched wench!" Arochimaru cursed.

        Once the barrier was broken, Sesshomaru finished Arochimaru off with ease.

"Are you okay?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Fine." Nayumi replied; breathing heavy.

"Why is it you always fall weak affter using spoken spells?" Sesshomaru asked; kneeling beside her.

"They're stronger than any other form of spiritual use. They're just draining. That's all." Nayumi replied; standing up, "We should get back to the village."

Nayumi managed to take a couple of steps before falling ot her hands and knees again. Sesshomaru helped her onto his back, and they made their way back to the village.

        "Lady Slayer! Are you hurt?" the Headmaster asked.

"No, I'm fine." Nayumi assured them.