Chapter Thirteen: Mending Wounds

Sesshomaru was the one to catch her. He didn't really catch her, but he stood where his legs propped her up so she wouldn't hit the ground.

"Nayumi!" Rin yelled; breaking free of Lady Kaede's hold and running to her sister.

"She's alive." Sesshomaru assured Rin.

"Can we take her to Jinenji's farm?" Rin asked; tears filling her eyes.

"If that is what you want." Sesshomaru knelt down next to Nayumi. He picked her up and tossed her over his shoulder.

"You could be more gentle!" Sango exclaimed.

"Yeah, don't just toss her around like she's not in pain!" Shippo yelled.

"She will be fine." Sesshomaru said then started to leave.

"I'll carry her." Koga said; standing in front of Sesshomaru.

        Sesshomaru didn't get a chance to respond becasue Nayumi did.

"Let me on your back, dog." Nayumi said.

"You're awake!" Rin said cheerfully.

Sesshomaru did as she ordered.

"You sure you want him to carry you?" Inuyasha asked.

"It's fine." Nayumi said; kneeing Sesshomaru in the side to make him walk.

"I am not a horse. Do not attempt to lead me like one, slayer." Sesshomaru said, but started walking again.

"Whatever, dog." Nayumi sighed.

        "Did he really just allow her to treat him like a horse?" Miroku asked.

"More surprising, he actually responded to her kneeing him." Sango pointed out.

"Please, Sesshomaru didn't obey a human. He simply didn't want her blood to stain his clothes. It took Kaede a whole week to clean it out last time." Inuyasha scuffed.

        She's fallen asleep again. Sesshomaru thought when he ffelt her arms loosen around his neck, and her head become heavier on his back. 

"Lord Sesshomaru! Look! The farm!" Rin exclaimed and ran ahead.

        "Rin." Jinenji greated her with a warm smile, "What brings you here?"

"My sister is badly hurt." Rin said; looking back as Sesshomaru came near.

"Where is your sister?" Jinenji's mother asked.

"On Lord Sesshomaru's back!" Rin laughed.

        Nayumi had pulled her arms from around Sesshomaru's neck, and the wind had covered her with his hair.

"Bring her inside." Jinenji said.

        "This will reverse the nerve damage in her arm and leg." Jineji's mother explained to Rin as she applied the herbal mix to Nayumi's wounds. 

"Careful, lady, those are still sensitive." Nayumi snapped when the woman pressed too hard.

"Why did Sesshomaru, Jaken, and Jinenji have to leave?" Rin asked; her innocence still intact.

"Until you are married, men should not see you without your clothes." Jinenji's mom explained.

        "Get out of here!" Nayumi yelled as Sesshomaru walked through the door.

"You should hurry." Sesshomaru said; averting his eyes.

"Get out!" Nayumi said; throwing her cup of tea at him.