Chapter Twelve: Bitten Trance

"Stay here!" everyone turned to tell Nayumi, but they were too late. They looked back at the door and saw only the ends of her hair exit the hut.

"How does she move so quick when she's that injured?" Shippo asked.

        As Nayumi limped onto the scene, she saw Sesshomaru and Inuyasha with their swords together. It was a sight she had seen many times before. but this time she broke it up.

"Stop it, you two!" Nayumi snapped and she stepped between them; pushing them apart. Since her left arm still did not move, she was forced to use her body. She pressed her back against Inuyasha and grabbed Sesshomaru's wrist with her good hand, then she pushed. The effort made her dizzy and she fell against Inuyasha.

"Hey, you okay, Nayumi?" Inuyasha asked; bracing her so she didn't fall.

"You two need to quit." Nayumi snapped; her breathing heavy, but she stood on her own now.

"A human like you should not interrupt demon battles." Sesshomaru said.

"I am so SICK of this 'better than everyone' attitude you have!" Nayumi yelled; only inches away from him now.

        Nayumi was almost a foot shorter than Sesshomaru, but she stood, looking up at him, and was not afraid. Everyone around stood, in shock, at the slayer's ability to withstand his glare for so long. She did not simply withstand it, but gave it back. Their looks where the same, and neither budged. A staring match and no one knew who would win.

"Ow!" Nayumi suddenly exclaimed and grabbed the back of her neck.

"What? Catch a cramp?" Sesshomaru asked; teasing her about her size.

"Something bit me." she muttered, more to herself, but when she pulled her hand away there was blood on it.

        Withohut saying a word, Sesshomaru grabbed her chin, tilting her head, then used the back of his hand to brush her long brown hair out of the way. Nayumi instinctivly reached up and grabbed his wrist.

"Move your arm." Sesshomaru said.

She hesitated, but soon let her hand drop.

"There's nothing there anymore." Sesshomaru said; letting her hair drop then walked past her.

        What is your deepest desire? A voice in her head asked. 

Who are you? Nayumi asked back, but a picture of Naraku laying dead came to her mind.

I am Sakura. The voice replied. Show me more of your desires.

Nayumi tried, but she could not stop the image of her protecting her sister come to mind. She managed to get some control over her mind when an image of Sesshomaru came to her mind. She left the image as it was. Just of Sesshomaru, no more detail than that.

You desire Sesshomaru? I'm really not surprised. The voice laughed.

Lord Sesshomaru. Nayumi thought, hoping her trap worked.

        "Can I speak with you in private, Lord Sesshomaru?" the woman controlling her mind made her say as she entered the hut with everyone in it.

Sesshomaru looked at her, but followed.

        "What did you wish to speak about?" he asked when they were on the outskirts of the village.

"I wished to let you know that I desire you, Lord Sesshomaru." the demon made her sound over dramatic as she grabbed onto Sesshomaru's armor. This converstaion made her sick, but she was hoping Sesshomaru would catch her calling him by his title and realize something was wrong.  The demon made her sink to her knees, then sit down by his feet.