Chapter Nine: Kidnapped

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Rin exclaimed the next morning.

"I have to. Naraku is still out there." Nayumi said to her little sister who was now crying.

"Why can't you just travel with us?" Rin begged.

"Too many demons follow me. I can't put  your life in danger like that." Nayumi said; turning her head away from Rin.

"I love you! Demons or not demons! Nayumi, please don't leave me!' Rin cried; hugging her sister tight.

"I can't be with demons, Rin. I can't." Nayumi whispered.

"Don't leave." Rin whispered back.

"Here, take this. Know that I am always with you, and will be back." Nayumi said; tieing her hair ribbon around Rin's wrist.

"I love when your hair is down." Rin smiled; Nayumi's hair falling aorund her hips. 

"I will be back to see you again. I promise" Nayumi assured Rin. 

"What about your wounds? How will you treat them?" Rin asked.

"I'm going to travel to Lady Kaede's village. She will look after me there. I promise not to fight until I'm healed." Nayumi said.

"What about if something attacks the village there? I wouldn't mind if you faught then, as long as you were careful." Rin said with a smile.

"I will fight then, but only then." Nayumi said; she kissed her sister on the cheek then left.

        Nayumi headed in the direction of Lady Kaede's village. She was going to keep her promise to Rin, and she also wanted to pay her respects to Kikyo. Kikyo had been the closest thing she had to a friend.

        "Do you think Nayumi will be okay?" Rin asked Jaken as they traveled in the other direction.

"Of course not!" Jaken replied without thinking

"Jaken." Sesshomaru growled, but it was too late. Rin was already crying.

"Ah! No! I mean- don't listen- please stop crying!" Jaken cried; jumping aorund as he tried to think of what to say.

"Lord Sesshomaru! Do you smell it?"  Jaken asked.

        Sesshomaru didn't respond. Jaken knew the answer. He knew Sesshomaru could smell the smoke. Smoke of a fire that was coming from the direction Nayumi went.

"I'm sure the slayer is fine." Jaken said.

"Please go check on her, Lord Sesshomaru?" Rin begged; jumping off A-un and pulling on his shirt sleeve.

        Sesshomaru was gone in a flash. He didn't even need Rin's proding. He didn't know why, but since he sai dher name he's felt a need to protect her. Maybe it's just how much he riminds her of Rin, or maybe it was something else, but he didn't need anyones push to rush to her side.

"Demon?" Nayumi asked when he caught up with her.

        Sesshomaru didn't reply, she was on the other side of the fire Almost like it was set on purpose. That's when it hit him.

Rin. He thought. Grabbing Nayumi, and whipping her on his back, he was running again. This time he was running towards Rin.

"What are you doing?" Nayumi yelled.

        He still didn't reply. When they where through the fire he caught her scent.

"Lord Sesshomaru! I'm sorry, my lord!" Jaken exclaimed; falling to his knees in front of Sesshonaru. 

"Where's Rin!?" Nayumi yelled; pushing off of Sesshomaru's back. 

"Kagura took her!" Jaken said; bowing his head. 

"You let that wind wench take me sister!" Nayumi screamed at him, "I'll wipe you off the face of thi earth!" 

        Nayumi put all her spiritual power into her right hand and ran at Jaken. 

"Ah! No! Please don't!" Jaken yelled; running from her.

"Slayer." Sesshomaru said; grabbing her around the waist to stop her.

"Don't touch me!" Nayumi yelled and turned her hand towards Sesshomaru.

        This resultled in him being thrown backwards.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" Jaken yelled in surprise.

"I'm going after my sister. I'll deal with you later, imp." Nayumi snarled and walked off.

"How will you find them?" Jaken called after her.

"It's Rin, I'll find her even if I have to travel to hell." Nayumi growled.

        "She's scray when she's mad." Jaken whimpered; not noticing that Sesshomaru still knelt on the ground. 

"Lord Sesshomaru! Are you okay?" Jaken asked; running over to him.

"She's strong." Sesshomaru said; looking up and revealing a burn mark in the shape of a hand on his collar bone and neck.

"Lord Sesshomaru, you're burnt." Jaken said; eyes getting wide.

"You should be thankful she didn't make it to you. You would have been purified." Sesshomaru said as he stood, "Let's go find Rin." 

"Yes, my lord." Jaken said and followed Sesshomaru in the same direction Nayumi went.

        Ignoring the pain in her shoulder and thigh, Nayumi ran. She weaved around trees and cut down any demon that dared cross her path.

You're going to have to wait a little bit longer, Kikyo.  I will come visit you soon, but I have to get Rin.Nayumi thought as she cut through another demon.

As she ran, a ball of light came up to her side. When it stayed even with her she struck out with her sword. Sesshomaru's arm reached out of the ball and grabbed her wrist before she could make a clean cut. Without a word, he pulled her onto his back and kept going.

"I was doing fine on my own." Nayumi mumbled, but was thankful for the relief on her thigh.

"Lord Sesshomaru is much faster than a human." Jaken retorted.

"You wanna be purified, imp?" Nayumi said in a low voice.

"Jaken. Keep quiet." Sesshomaru warned.

"Aye, yes, my lord." Jaken said; swallowing in fear.

        "Sesshomaru. Nayumi." one of Naraku's demon puppets said; appearing out of the ground.

"I don't have time for you!" Nayumi yelled; about to destroy it when Sesshomaru stopped her.

"What do you want?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Nayumi comes to my castle while you go save Rin." Naraku's puppet said.

"Reverse that." Sesshomaru countered. 

"If you wish." the puppet agreed. 

        Nayumi didn't disagree. She simply destroyed the puppet then shoved herself off of Sesshomaru's back. Nayumi didn't bother with a parting glance. She simply followed the poison insect, but Sesshomaru watched her leave. He didn't like how quickly the puppet agreed to the swap.

"That was too easy." Sesshomaru said when she was gone.

"Are you going to follow her?" Jaken asked, "The insect leading you in the opposite direction."

"If I do, then Naraku will just kill Rin. I have to go this way." Sesshomaru said; followig the Shimyosho in the other diretion.

        "What are you doing, Nayumi! This is a trap!" Myoga said; jumping on her shoulder.

"Get out of here flea. It's not safe." Nayumi snapped.

"You'll die if you do after Rin!" Myoga warned.

"Then I'll just die!" Nayumi yelled and smacked him off her shoulder.

        "You better be alright, Rin." Nayumi said to herself, then ran even faster after the Shimyosho.