Chapter Twenty-One: Nayumi's Decision

Nayumi watched as they fought. She held Tensegia to her chest, and waited for Naraku to get a solid hit on Sesshomaru. It took longer than she expect, but when it finally happened the look on both their faces made it worth the wait.

"What?!" Naraku exclaimed as his tentacle disolved when it touched Sesshomaru.

"What did you do to me?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Your body is covered in my spiritual powers. Anytime Naraku touches you it will only hurt him." Nayumi laughed.

"Where are you going?" Nayumi asked when she saw Naraku start to run away. She held her hand out and used her powers to hold him in one place.

"Just let him go." Sesshomaru said; smacking her hand to the side when he saw the amount of pain she was in.

"What are you doing, dog!?" Nayumi yelled.

"Stopping you from being stupid." Sesshomaru said; she was still on her knees and he was kneeling right in front of her.

"Why?" Nayumi asked. 

"With all that I have done for you, do you still not realize that I care about you?" he asked. 

        Nayumi grabbed his armor and pulled him towards her. She didn't even know what she was doing until their lips met. He gently placed his hand on her lower back. The kiss started out soft and unsure, but soon she was holding both sides of his face and he had her pressed against him.

"I knew it!" Rin giggled.

"Ah!" Nayumi screamed; startled by her sister's voice.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" Jaken exclaimed; more shocked than she was.

        You made the first move this time? Otaku asked with a laugh. 

Shut up, scales. Nayumi snapped back.

Touchy? You keep this up and you won't make it to the final battle. Otaku said.

What final battle? Nayumi asked.

You've chosen your path. You won't make it anyways. You were never meant to survive that long. You will never be able to truly love him in this life time. Too much hatred has drenched your heart. Otaku said, then was quiet.

        "Nayumi?" Rin asked; kneeling next to her.

"Did you say something to me?" Nayumi said; physically shaking herself out of her thoughts.

"We all did. We're leaving." Rin said with a smile.

"I'm coming." Nayumi said; smiling at her sister. Before she stood up, she held her hand over her chest and purified the miasma. She had been distracted, but the pain was back.

"How's the miasma?" Sesshomaru asked.

"It's at bay for now. When I'm better rested I'll finish purifying it." Nayumi shrugged.

"Do we need to go to Jineji's farm?" Sesshomaru asked.

"I can handle his miasma, mutt." Nayumi said with a smile.

Whatever, human." Sesshomaru laughed with a returning smile.

"I'm confused. They act like they weren't just kissing." Jaken said.

"Listen here, imp." Nayumi said; grabbing him by the ear, "You saw nothing, so you speak of nothing. Got it?"

"Ah! That's attached!" Jaken exclaimed.

"Got it?" Nayumi repeated.

"Yes! Now unhand me you violent creature!" Jaken yelled.

        "You will bare my child." Naraku said; hovering over her with a smile on his face.