Chapter Five: Transformation at Mount Hakurei

"You know you can't enter the barrier, right?" Nayumi asked as they approached the mountain.

"I'm aware." was all he said.

"You're more entertaining when I'm threatening you. Do I have to threaten you to make this less awkward?" Nayumi asked.

"What are you trying to do, slayer?" Sesshomaru asked.

"I'm trying to make my skin stop crawling. I can deal with Inuyasha's presence when we're arguing." Nayumi replied.

"I'm not going to senselessly argue like Inuyasha." Sesshomaru said.

"Then how about you go on ahead so I don't have to walk with you, demon." Nayumi sneared.

"I don't take orders from humans." Sesshomaru replied.

"What about favors?" Nayumi asked; he was about to decline, but realized her body language had changed.

"What kind of favor?" he asked.

"If I get a faral wound make sure everyone leaves the area. No one, especially humans, need to be around me." Nayumi replied.

"Because of the demon blood?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Because of the kind of demon blood." Nayumi corrected.

"I'm not going to waste my time saving people." Sesshomaru finally said.

"Then you better hope I don't go after you. With this sword, not even you stand a chance." Nayumi said; walking ahead .

        They were silent until they got to the village.

"How close can you get, demon?" Nayumi asked.

"As close as I need." was all he said.

"Guess we'll find out." Nayumi laughed and started running.

"You're not going in there alone." he said; appearing in front of her which caused them to collide.

"Of course I am!" she exlcaimed; stepping back.

"No." he replied.

"You honestly can't keep me out. The others are in there looking around! Naraku is in there!" Nayumi yelled.

"Which is why you're not going. Rin would be devastated if you died, and you're too reckless to not get yourself killed. You're still bleeding from our fight because you won't let yourself heal." Sesshomaru said. 

"Don't you dare talk about Rin as if you care!" Nayumi yelled; causing Sesshomaru to take a step back. 

        "I'm going in there and I'm going to avenge my clan. My family." she said in a much calmer voice.

"No." he repeated.

"I can't die! That kills your stupid excuse!" Nayumi snapped.

"I'm not fighting with you about this anymore. Try to run and I will stop you. Manage to sneak away and I will just smell you out. You won't make it far, human." Sesshomaru said; turning around and walking towards the mountain.

"We'll see about that." Nayumi replied, but walked with him.

        "So tell me, demon, what makes you think I won't just kill you and go to the mountain?" Nayumi asked when they were at the base of Mount Hakurei.

"You're more than welcome to try." he replied.

"This as far as you can go?" Nayumi asked, but Sesshomaru didn't reply.

        Taking a chance, Nayumi ran forward.

"How stupid do you think I am?" Sesshomaru asked; grabbing her around the waist and carrying her back.