Chapter Fifteen: Arochimaru Appears

"YAY!" Rin yelled excitedly when Nayumi told her she was going with them.

"We need to leave, slayer." Sesshomaru said as Nayumi thanked Jinenji and his mother.

"Be patient, dog." Nayumi retorted.

"Show him some respect!" Jaken yelled.

"You're becoming repetitive, imp." Nayumi said; shooting him a cold glare.

"Lord Sesshomaru protect me!" the toad demon exclaimed; hiding behind his master's leg.

"Why must you pick fights with her, Master Jaken?" Rin laughed as she skipped over to were they stood.

"She started it." Jaken grumbled.

"Thank you!" Nayumi called as they left.

        "How are your wounds?" Rin asked when they had been traveling for a while.

"They're fine. Practically gone." Nayumi said cheerfully.

"Good enough for me to ride on you back?" Rin asked hopefully.

"Hope on." Nayumi laughed.         

        Sesshomaru kept a look of indifference on his face, but he was enjoying watching the two sisters. He always enjoyed seeing Rin happy.

"Look at those two! Naraku is still out there, and they're being stupid little kids!" Jaken said.

        "Ah! I'm sorry, my lord!" Jaken quickly apologized when he saw a look of disapproval on Sesshomaru's face, but it was too late. Sesshomaru hit the imp on his head and kept walking.

"Won't happen again, my lord." Jaken said.

"Am I aloud to hit the imp, too?" Nayumi asked; coming up beside Sesshomaru with Rin still on her back.

"You're asking permission?" Sesshomaru asked.

"I'm not gonna just hit someone else's pet without asking first." Nayumi shrugged.

"Do whatever you want, save killing him." Sesshomaru replied.

"Hear that, imp? Better be nicer to me." Nayumi caled back.

"Lord Sesshomaru?" the imp said; his eyes turning into balls of tears.

"Why so sad, Master Jaken?" Rin asked.

"He's just mad because Sesshomaru hates me less." Nayumi smiled.

        "Stay back,  Rin." Nayumi and Sesshomaru said at the same time; Nayumi's body language immediately changing. Nayumi let Rin off her back, then stepped up beside Sesshomaru to face whatever threat was coming.

"I do not wish to fight. I am simply passing through." the demon said; holding it's hands up when it saw them.

"You better be." Nayumi said in a low voice as the demon walked past her; too close for her comfort.

        As she expected, he wasn't just passing through. When he was almost completely past her, he grabbed her from behind and used her as a shield.

"I'm taking her with me." the demon said.

"Your death wish." Sesshomaru chuckled at how bored Nayumi looked.

"What?" the demon asked, but he found out what.

        Nayumi brought both her elbows back and into his ribs. Then she threw her head back; hitting him in the nose.

"You little wench!" the demon exclaimed; blindly reaching for her.

"Please." she scuffed; smacking his hands to the side and punching him in the side of the jaw. The demon stumbled back, and Sesshomaru used his poison whip to trip him.