Chapter Eighteen: Sakura's Song

Sesshomaru was following her scent until it disappeared. Where it ended, there was a note.

                                I do not wish for you to folllow me. I will return to the 

                                village in a few days. 

                                                                Slayer

After reading the note, Sesshomaru found a pile of lily dust where her scent ended.

"Not bad. I didn't even know you carried lily dust." Sesshomaru muttered to himself. Lily dust was something demon slayers used to cover their scent because demons couldn't smell it.

        "Did you find Nayumi?" Rin asked when Sesshomaru returned.

"She will be back in a few days." was all he said; Jaken could tell something was different about him. Instead of a look of indifference, he wore a llook of thought.

"She seemed upset about something when I talked to her. Did ye do something to upset her?" Kaede asked.

"My presence upsets her." Sesshomaru replied.

"Aye, at least not as much as Jaken's." Kaede replied.

"Considering she's turning into a demon she's going to have to get over her hatred of them." Jaken said; crossing his arms.

"Ye underestimate her. I'm sure she will find a way to break the curse." Kaede said.

"A battle against Otaku in the Netherworld would break it, but that would mean that she would become a demon." Jaken said.

"Would she really be able to break the curse that way?" Kaede asked.

"Yes. Her spiritual powers allow her to travel to the boarder and if she were to battle Otaku there and win, then she would absorb his powers and the curse would be broken." Jaken explained. 

"That's still a curse to her. She doesn't want to be a demon." Rin argued. 

"She wouldn't have to worry about Otaku taking over anymore!" Jaken retorted.  

"She would much prefer that." Sesshomaru said. 

"I personally like the demon slayer how she is. She's fiesty." Koga said; appearing out of no where, "Speaking of, where is she?" 

"Not here." Sesshomaru said; voice slightly irritated. 

"Where did she go?" Koga asked. 

"Somewhere." Sesshomaru replied. 

"You're a lot of help. Hey kid, where's your sister?" Koga said; turning to Rin. 

"We don't know."  Rin shrugged. 

"You lost her!? You know the kind of trouble she gets in, and you lost her?" Koga exclaimed, "Why aren't you looking for her?" 

"Lord Sesshomaru doesn't need to waste his time chasing after a human!" Jaken yelled.

"Lily dust." Sesshomaru said.

"She uses that stuff?" Koga asked.

"Apparently." Sesshomaru replied.

"She smells like a Sakura tree; how can lily dust cover that up?" Koga said; crossing his arms.

"I'm getting tired of your questions, wolf." Sesshomaru said.