Chapter Eight: A Sister's Love

"Stupid girl! Your ours now!" the spirits of the netherworld said as they grabbed Nayumi's arm.

"Never happening! Not as long as I have Rin to protect!" Nayumi yelled; holding her hand out and warding them off with her powers.

        With death at bay, she used the extra power she got to connect with the Katana. With the connection she thrust it into the ground around her, Rin, and A-un. When it was in place, she cast the barrier.

        "A-un! It's Nayumi! She's trying to protect us!" Rin exclaimed, "Hold in there Nayumi. Lord Sesshomaru and Master Jaken will save you."

Nayumi pushed hard against death's hold, but wasn't having much luck getting free.

"I'll always love you." Rin whispered in her ear.

        That did it. Those words gave Nayumi the extra push she needed to become free of death. The barrier was up, and Rin was safe. The barrier wasn't as strong as she would like it to be, but Sesshomaru would be able to get through.

        "Jaken." Sesshomaru said.

"Yes, my lord?" Jaken asked.

"It told you to do research on that slayer gir." Sesshomaru said.

"Yes, my lord." Jaken replied.

"What did you learn?" he asked.

"Oh, she's ruthless. Even when she dies so does the demon she was fighting. Naraku had been the only demon to escape her. Her curse was given to her by a dmeon named Camari, a dragon demon thaat looked human, and even on her death bed the slayer managed to defeat her. Do you remember the priestess that bound Inuyasha to a tree?" Jaken asked.

"Yes." Sesshomaru said.

"The slayer's spiritual powers are suppose to surpass even that priestess's powers. Rumor says the slayer can touch the border between the worlds." Jaken said, "It's why she's such a threat to demons." 

"What do you know about her curse?" Sesshomaru asked. 

"Camari locked an acient dragon spirit in the girl, and now every time she dies, that demon's blood rushes through her veins and takes over. Eventually, the slayer will be completely overcome and the Great Dragain, Otaku, will be free. One of Otaku's powers where blades in his wirst. The slayer now had those, and just like with Otaku if someone pulls them out she will die. Camari's whole idea for the curse was that the slayer would live long enough to see herself become the very thing she hates, or she would fall in love with one. The only way out of either of those is for the blades to be ripped from her veins, and most demons can't see them. The ones that can, can't touch them. It seems Inuyasha can't see them, but he is able to touch them." Jaken explained. 

"Good job, Jaken." Sesshomaru didn't complimant Jaken very often, so those simple words meant a lot to him. 

"Thank you, my lord! I tried to learn as much as I could for you!" Jaken laughed. 

"How far is this farm?" Sesshomaru asked. 

"Just over this hill." Jaken answered. 

        At the farm, Jinenji's mom didn't give Sesshomaru a very warm welcome. 

"Demon!" she yelled; hitting Sesshomaru on the head with a log.

"You should show Lord Sesshomaru more respect!" Jaken yelled; jumping up and down.

"Jaken, that's enough." Sesshomaru commanded.

"Sorry, my lord." Jaken said; stopping mid jump.

"I just wish to speak with Jinenji." Sesshomaru said to the woman.