Chapter 28: Panic?

I laid my head on my pillow and cried. I felt like my whole world was ending. I couldn't imagine what was happening with Darkstalker. She was probably back in a lab being experimented on. As I cried my panic began to set in. I started breathing heavily, my bones felt chilled like ice, I couldn't breathe as easily, it felt like a boulder was crushing me. I tried standing up but crashed to the floor with a thud. I turned into my wolf form without control. But for some reason, my wolf form was different. I was bigger than a normal wolf, the blue streaks on my black fur seemed to... vibrate... they slowly became brighter. Until I could no longer see anything. I felt my feet leave the floor. My eyes began to glow a vibrant blue. I then could see myself. My body. Limp floating in the air. I had left my body. I was just a floating soul now. But I had a destination. Somewhere to be. I followed my instinct. I somehow teleported. I was with Darkstalker. She was chained up outside a big stone building with tall electrical fences. I tried to speak to Darkstalker. But she never heard me. So I sat down infront of her. She couldn't see me either. But as I sat down the dirt around me picked up. An idea pipped into my head. I wrote on the dirt. "Dark, it's me Spirit. Please listen. You're not alone." She looked startled but happy. She nearly howled with joy. I wrote again, "I promise. I will find you. I will get you out of here. You're family. Family stick together til the end." She shook her head. She whispered, "I'm not family. I'm a freak. I'm a monster." I wanted to cry. I wrote again, "Why such low thoughts of yourself? I mean... You're no monster. You're no freak. You ARE family. I mean. You made Tracer so happy. You made me feel wanted. You made Shelby confident in herself and others. My parents... well you were my only friend they actually trusted or liked. You gave Andy a sister. You gave Luna a best friend. You gave Luna a home. You gave Luna freedom from that lab. Darkstalker, you can't deny it. You ARE someone who matters. That's why I will find you and I will get you out of here. Even if I have to die to do it. Now I'm running out of time. Do you know where this place is?" She shook her head. But she responded, "Damian is here, Spirit. He's a traitor. HE SET THIS WHOLE THING UP! IT WAS A TRAP FROM THE BEGINNING!" I gasped. I wanted to cry. But then it all clicked. The day we got kidnapped, he was calm, he was happy, they never put a bag over his head, they never pushed him, they never yelled at him. Of course it was a trap. I should've known from the start. I wrote in the dirt one last time, "Thank you. Goodbye Darkstalker. I promise to get you out." She said goodbye. I teleported back to my room. I returned to my body and collapsed on the floor with another big thud. I ran out of my room and downstairs to tell everyone. Tracer was the happiest. She jumped with joy. She screamed, "MY SWEET DARLING, WE'RE COMING FOR YA!" I smiled. I whispered under my breath, "You can count on that."