Chapter 16: Runaway

I was dreaming about hunting a deer in wolf form, when I was violently shaken awake. Luna was nearly screaming in human form, "SPIRIT!! WAKE UP!!! DARKSTALKER RAN OFF!!" Then Luna ran out of the room and down the stairs. I got up and heard Shelby mutter something. I turned around to see her getting up, too. Hunter sighed of irratation. We all ran after Luna. As I ran I imagined myself in my little wolf pup form. once I was transformed, I imagined myself being bigger. the bigger I was, the faster I could run. I was almost as big as Hunter. Then Shelby transformed. She was a beautiful white pup with purple streaks running from the tip of her snout to the tip of her tail and paws. they were like little swirls almost. We ran and ran until we spotted Darkstalker. she had ran into the forest. She was a speedy little bugger. I then realized what we had to do to catch her. I nodded at Shelby and came closer to me. When she was at my side, I told her, "Shift back to human form, pick me up, and throw me to that branch over there." I motioned with my head. she gave me a look asking if i was crazy. but then she shifted to human form. she picked me up. when i nodded she threw me. the wind in my fur felt cold and felt like it would pierce my skin and freeze my bones. i had nearly missed the branch. i bit it when I had flown close enough. Then without letting my momentum stop, the branch broke and i flew ahead of Darkstalker. I landed a little ways ahead of her. i skidded to a stop and held the branch out towards her. the end that broke off the tree was sharp to the point. i growled at her. She tried to stop herself. her nose was inches from the point when she stopped sliding.