Chapter 10: Transform?

All of a sudden, the pup looked between us. Her fur changed color. She grew a bit bigger. She was a bit heavier. Shelby placed her on the ground. Shelby, Hunter, and I were careful not to give her enough of a chance to run off again. Her fur turned black. A Z shaped scar formed over her eye. it looked like it might of been from a while ago. Then to our surprise. her fur changed colors again. But instead of growing a 'bit' bigger, she grew to be at least a foot taller than Hunter. He looked so surprised. She still had some black fur. part of her ears were white and she had red fur on the inside of her ears, around her muzzle, on her cheeks, on her chest, belly, back of her legs, tip of her tail, and her eyes were red. she also had a white nose. her paws were red as well. We all looked at her in surprise. I could tell that my face had been covered with surprise, awe, and confusion all in one. I took a step towards her. She flinched and turned her head to look at me. I said quietly as if to myself, "Wow! This little pup is a creation for a goddess!" I reached out my injured hand towards her. I said calmly and sweetly, "You're such a beautiful pup... Hey, I promised we would keep you safe. Didn't I? I never break a promise. I'm Spirit. This is my best friend, Shelby. This other wolf is Hunter. He will protect you, too. Are there others like you? We can protect them, too. We know how it feels to be experimented on. No body will ever hurt you. EVER again. I swear on my life... Can you change back for us? We can take you back to our house and we can make you nice warm bed and some nice food. Don't worry about that big mean old dog, Charlie. He was barking at you earlier. But he really wouldn't hurt a little pup as beautiful as you." I stretched my hand out a little closer to her. I was almost close enough to feel her fur. Petting puppies and playing with them is our way of calming them down or comforting them or showing them that they are safe or that they are loved. I wanted to show her that I was sincere when I said she was safe. But I was scared that she would snap at me again and then run off.