Chapter 3: An angel among the demons

Its been two years. Everyone including have real tails and ears. It was night. Everyone was awake and quietly talking. Shelby sat next to me playing music. I've had enough being in this prison. I stood up and placed my hands on the bars. I felt something rushing through my veins and soul. I closed my eyes and cleared my eyes. I felt a power I've never known existed.

Shelby's pov (surprise)

Spirit stood up and walked over to the bars locking us in our cell. She was constantly shaking. It was a steady shaking. She closed her eyes. A dark blue light began to surround her. I backed up. Then she mumbled something and the bars seperated. On every cell, the bars bended and everyone was able to walk out. Then she turned to me without opening her eyes. Behind me I heard a faint *clink*. I looked behind me and there was a hole in the wall. We could escape. She opened her eyes and the glow disappeared. She stumbled as she tried to walk towards me. As she fell towards the floor, Damon came up behind her and caught her. She had fainted. I turned off the music. I went to go get everyone. We all grabbed our stuff. We were ready to leave this prison. It was just a big field of tall dry grass ahead of us. At the very end, I saw a tree line. That was where we would head. Thats where we could hide. I lead the way. Damon carried Spirit bridal style. We raced across the field and towards the wood. I pulled out my phone. It was nearly midnight. We had exactly 5 hours until our kidnappers woke up. The only light we had was the light of the moon.

Spirits Pov:

I woke up in Damon's arm. Everyone from the prison was following him. Shelby was ahead. Everyone was running through the woods. I wrapped my arms around his neck not wanting to fall out of his arms. About an hour later, we stopped at a river. Everyone breathing heavily. Damon put me down and I gave him a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek. I walked over to Shelby. I asked,"What the fuck happened?" She hugged me and then explained everything to me. I said, "I never knew that I could do that. But I'm glad I did. I was fed up sith that place. But we still have a long ways to go. We don't even know where we are." Shelby nodded. She pulled out her phone. I took it away from her. I said, "Don't you will ruin your eyesight and will have to adjust to the darkness again. Lets just keep moving. We need to keep going and get as far away from the prison before daylight." I looked around at everyone. "Ok everyone we can't stop here. I know we're all tired and exhausted. But if you want to truly escape the prison and our kidnappers, then we have to keep moving and get as far away from them before daylight." Everyone nodded. We all grabbed everything and started moving again. We walked though. Our ears and eyes watching and listening for anything harmful.

It was trees as far as the eye could see. I sighed. Damon came up to me and stopped him. I turned around to face me. All of a sudden, I could feel his lips on mine. I kissed back. It was a quick kiss. He whispered, "I love you, too, Spirit." We rejoined everyone else. Hand in hand.