Chapter 7: Home

I didn't want to leave my home. But I had a new home to be at.

         But turns out, I got to stay at my home. All the other kids had to move away from their own homes to come live at mine. My house wasn't that big. There were only five bedrooms, two bathrooms, two TV's, one WII, and there were six other people living at my house, if you include the dog, Charlie. When I got home, I was greeted by big hugs, surprised looks, and tears on people's faces. Charlie raced towards me. But he stopped at the top of the stairs and looked at my tail and ears. He was confused. Then Hunter walked in and stood at my side. He saw Charlie and bared his teeth. I knelt down beside him and gently pat his head. I whispered to him, "Shush, Hunter. That's Charlie. He's your brother now." My voice turned harsh and cruel. "Hurt him and you go back to the woods. Alone." I smiled and gently hugged. I giggled as he licked my face. Charlie started whining at me. I crawled up the stairs and hugged him tightly. I felt the tears finally running down my cheeks. I was happy to be home. Happy to be out of the hospital. For once, I was actually happy to go back to school. Charlie sniffed my tail and ears. I giggled as he sniffed my ears. It tickled. He laid his chin on my shoulder and sighed of happiness. I said, "I missed you, too, Charlie. I'll take you on a walk tonight. I promise." Then I pointed to Hunter. "That's Hunter. He's your new brother." Charlie's tail wagged. Mine wagged, too. Hunter came up the stairs and sniffed Charlie. Charlie staid as still as possible. Then Hunter nodded of approval and his tail started wagging. Charlie licked him. Hunter jumped away in surprise. 

-Hours later-

Charlie and Hunter were out back playing when I heard the doorbell ring. I rushed out of my room and to the door. I forgot that our neighbors had probably heard about my return. But nobody else knew about my ears and tail. I opened the door. It was the little boy from next door, Tom. I quickly backed up out of sight. I closed my eyes and imagined myself a normal human being. I felt my tail flatten against my back and ears against my head. Then it was gone. I was normal again. I reappeared at the door and hugged him. He said, "HI, SPIRIT!!! WE ALL MISSED YOU! WE'RE HAPPY YOU'RE BACK!!" He talked so fast it was overwhelming. Then his mom came up behind him and shushed him. "Jeez, Tom. You talk to much. Look at Spirit. You overwhelmed her." He looked at his feet and mumbled an apology. I said, "It's fine. He's just excited. I completely understand why he is. Anyways, how are you and your family, Allie." She nodded.

"We're just fine, Spirit. Tom was right, everybody missed you. I mean the whole neighborhood missed you." My eyes flew open wide. "I know. Its just you made this neighborhood so happy. It was like a ghost town, until you came along... Stop staring like that, Spirit. Its not that much of a surprise. Its good to see you again." We laughed. Then I hugged her. We heard Hunter barking. 

S= Spirit

A= Allie

A= That's not Charlie's barks I''m hearing.
S=Yep, that''s Hunter. The newest member of the family. He protected me when I escaped the prison that I was held hostage in. He's a wolf.
A- Oh cool.