Chapter 13: Little troublemakers

I woke up to something that sounded like metal hitting the floor. I threw my blankets off of me. As I was putting on my slippers. I realized that Luna and Darkstalker werent in there beds. I gently shook Shelby awake. I said, "I need your help. A couple little troublemakers arent asleep. I think they got into the kitchen. She rubbed her eyes and hopped out of bed. We went down to the kitchen. I nearly screamed. The little pups had scared us. We went around the corner and nearly tripped over them. I picked up Darkstalker. She had chicken hanging from her lip. I silently laughed. When I raised my hand up to her head, she flinched. Poor thing thought I was gonna hit her. I would never hurt a canine. I hugged her gently and softly pet her. Shelby picked up Luna and cradled her in her arms. I set Darkstalker down in my hoodie. I felt her paws on my shoulder. She was glancing around, enjoying the new view. I giggled. I went into the kitchen and saw the knives on the floor, the fridge door open, and the food on the two bottom shelves all gone. I laughed again. I picked up the knives and put them in a drawer. I then put the dishes from the fridge in the sink, picked up the food scraps and let Darkstalker finish it. She happily ate them. Too bad it was the last of human food she would ever eat. I saved a bit for Luna. Then I closed the fridge door and grabbed a small bowl. I filled them up with filtered clean water. Then I returned to Shelby and luna. Shelby was sitting on the stairs. She had found one of the dog toys. It was like a rope. She dragged it across the floor as Luna chased it in circles. I laughed and Shelby nearly jumped.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. The pups got into the two bottom shelves of the fridge. Should have fed them before going back to bed. But at least they ate. I grabbed some water for them. Then its back to bed. We only have an hour left before we have to get up to get ready for our first day back to school."
She nodded and threw the rope away from us. Luna didnt want to chase it across the room so she just sat down and looked upset. I set the bowl in front of her. She gladly lapped up the water.
Then I sat down and fed her the last of the scraps I saved for her. Darkstalker jumped out of my hood and began to lap up the water as well. I went and sat next to Shelby. I laid my head on her shoulder. She giggled as my ears tickled her neck. She said, "Why go back to bed? Its gonna be hard to fall back asleep again since I'm fully awake now." I nodded in agreement which made her laugh again because my ears tickled her neck again.

The pups finished the water. I went and put it in the sink. Shelby took them upstairs and tucked them in. When I walked into the room, she was sitting criss cross on my bed. I took off my slippers and sat down next to her.