Chapter 1: Missing?!!

My Pov:

It was a normal day. I walked to school as always. The air was chilled. My hair blowing behind me in the wind. As if in a fantasy. My jeans kept my legs warm. I was wearing my huskies sweater and I had my headphones on listening to whatever music played. My waterproof hiking boots protected my feet from the cold snow. I have no winter boots. I breathed in the cool, crisp morning air. When I got to sewing class, first hour of the day, I turned off the music and tucked my headphones in my backpack. I grabbed out my unfinished cloth that I was sewing a design into. I couldn't help but feel relaxed. I forgot all about the long, hard day that was yet to come.

-time skip to next class-

I had history next. I stopped at my locker. As I opened it, I felt someone lightly pull on my hair. I turned around and saw my boyfriend. I smiled and hugged him. Then after we hugged, I put my backpack in my locker, grabbed my stuff for the next three classes, then headed to class after closing my locker. I had brought in my headphones and phone in. I listened to my music and laid my head down on my table. My teacher was nice enough to let me do this. She understood that I have panic attacks. I also get bullied everyday and music helps me to calm me down. I nearly fell asleep when the teacher pulled off my headphones. It was time to go to my next class. All my teachers were understanding of my need of music. But all the other ones, only allowed me to listen to music when I was doing individual work. I understood why they did this. I needed to keep my grades up and music wouldn't help me. my boyfriend pulled off my headphones and said "I''m breaking up with you, I'm sorry." I looked up. I just nodded. I replied, "I respect your decision." I put my headphones back on and laid my head back down. I didn't cry. I've wanted to tell him that for a week now but never had the courage.

-time skip to after the three classes-

As I walked back to my locker, I clutched my stuff tightly. I knew what was coming. All of a sudden, someone pushed me. I tripped over someone's foot and collided against a locker. I breathed through clutched teeth. My spine was hurting and so was the back of my head. I stood up and grabbed my pencil bag that fell out my grasp when I was pushed. Someone laughed as the bully, Daron, slapped my stuff out of my hands. I kept calm and picked it all up. I wanted to beat the shit out of him. He's done so much to hurt me. But I knew that if I showed anger he would only think it was even more fun. Then the torture would never end. I walked away as he just stood there looking at me. He was thinking of what to do next. He caught up with me and went to backhand slap me. I ducked. My small size was helpful sometimes. I turned to him and stared him dead in the eyes. Neither of us said anything. I forced myself to show no emotion. I saw the slightest bit of fear flash in his eyes for a split second. That was all it took. I smiled kindly. He looked at me confused. I said, "Thanks for doing that, Daron. It shows that my reflexes are getting better." He still stared confused. He used to be able to slap me. But my reflexes improved over time. The more he tried to break me, the stronger I grew. I walked to my locker and opened it to place my stuff inside. I grabbed everything for Science and lunch.

-time skip to lunch-

I sat down with my friends at lunch. They were all at least a year older than me. But they were all friends of my sister's and she is in her freshman year of high school currently. They were doing what she asked at first. Taking care of me. Then it evolved into a friendship. I felt closest to Shelby. She understood me the most. We talked and talked. Then Daron came up to me. He grabbed me by the shoulders and made me stand up. Shelby got ready to defend. The others just stared in fear. I looked back at Shelby and gave her a reassuring smile. She let her guard down slightly as I turned around and faced Daron. All I did was smile. He said, "I'm gonna smack that stupid smile off your face. Then I'm gonna punch you until you wont wake up to see tomorrow." I smirked. The other two boys who were his friends, Jerry and Jonathan, came up behind him to back him up. Yeah they might look and sound tough. But honestly, they're just as stupid as a human without a brain. In fact I don't't think they have brains. I replied, "Good luck, Damon." I laughed. He growled and raised his fist to punch me. I reached out towards it and grabbed it. I slowly dug my fingers into a pressure point. He pulled his hand away and squeaked. Then Jerry stepped towards me. He tried to kick me. I jumped. He tried to punch my gut. I swerved. I tripped over his foot. We both came crashing down. He jumped on top of me and pinned me to the floor. I tried breathing for air. Shelby stood up about to tackle him to get him off of me. But I shook my head at her. She looked disappointed.

Jerry tried to punch me, missed and nearly broke his knuckles hitting the floor. I had to hold in the laughter at his stupidity. It wasn't that hard because he was still sitting on me and it was hard to breathe. He rolled off of me, holding his hand. I stood up and breathed. Jonathan looked at Damon and Jerry in complete disappointent. He lunged at me, knocking me to the floor. He placed his foot on my chest, pinning me. It was hard to breathe again. But I kept calm, I looked into his eyes. Jonathan wasn't all that bad. We used to be friends. But then Damon and Jerry came around and he changed. I smiled at him. He looked confused. He lifted his foot. I quickly stood up and raised my fist. He positioned himself to block. I placed my hands on fists and forced him to lower his arms. I said, "Jonathan, you know that you can't bring yourself to hurt me. I can't bring myself to hurt you either. Why did you let Damon and Jerry change you? Jonathan, you aren't a bully. Its not right and you know it." I saw tears in his eyes for a second before he blinked them away. "Jonathan, I'm here. I've always been here for you. But you were never there for me after Damon and Jerry came along. What happened to our life long friendship, huh? I don't want to see you..." All of a sudden, Damon pushed Jonathan out of the way and tried to kick me. I jumped away, then flung myself at him. I pinned him. But not for long. He flipped over and began pinning me. His knee laid on my chest. He punched me twice. Then Shelby kicked into action and kicked him where it hurt. She helped me up and we sat back down as Jerry and Damon headed to the nurse's office. Jonathan just stared at me. I stood up one final time. I hugged him tight. He hugged back. I could tell he was silently crying. He whispered, "I'm so sorry for everything. The pain, the misery, the fights, and for all the times you needed me and I..."

"Shhhhh.... It's okay, Jonathan. I'm just glad to have you back." I said, interrupting him completely. He sat down and talked with us for the rest of lunch. I was glad to have back an old friend that I lost 3 years ago.

-time skip to after school-

It was after four even though school got out at 2:45. I had stayed after school to get help from a teacher to get my grades up. I put on my headphones and listened to music.

I thought of the lyrics and thought of it being Damon thinking of me. I couldn't but smile. "WAIT!! WHAT!!" I nearly screamed at myself. Then all of a sudden, I felt someone grab my shoulders. I turned around. It was Damon. I smiled at him. Then to my surprise he smiled back at me. Nobody else was around. Maybe he was faking this kindness towards me. He said, "Spirit, I'm sorry for all I've done. Earlier today in the hall, when you spoke to me, I realised my mistakes. I realised what I had been doing. I felt so bad that I nearly cried. I'm sorry for it all. Can you ever forgive me?" I hesitated then nodded. "Thank you, Spirit. Mind if I walk you home?" I shook my head and smiled.

Halfway to my house, Damon reached out and grabbed my hand. I looked down at our hands. It was surprising. Damon just blushed and smiled at me. I accepted it and we continued walking to my house. Then I couldn't take it anymore. I stopped Damon. I said, "I feel like we're being followed." We looked around. I spotted a black van. "Lets keep going Damon. If they're following us, I'll tell you what to do next." We kept walking and the van moved slowly towards us, following us. Then a couple people with masks got out and headed towards us. I clutched Damon's hand tighter. I looked around saw my hide out. It was a safe place for when this kind of thing happened. I bolted, dragging Damon with me. We ran as fast as our legs would take us. We ran and ran. We ran into an abandoned house, ran out the back, ran through a huge field of tall dry grass. I turned around for a second, still running. The people were still chasing us. As we ran I said to Damon, "Damon, if we die... I just want you to know..." I hesitated. "I love you." After that we didn't say anything we kept running. We ran into the tree line at the edge of the field. It was the woods.

We jumped over a small river, still hand in hand. We bolted, neither of us had broken a sweat yet. I heard shouting behind us. They were still chasing us. And they were gaining on us. Fast. I ran faster and Damon followed my lead. We ran to where the tree line was thicker. We jumped over another river and ducked under a fallen over tree. We laid there silently, waiting for our chasers to run past us. Most of them, ran past. But one turned around and spotted us. He shouted to the others. I turned around to face Damon. Tears formed in my eyes. We crawled out from under the log as the people approached us. Damon hugged me. I hugged back and cried on his shoulder. The kidnappers then surrounded us and forced us to walk back to across the rivers, out of the woods, across the field, and forced us into their black van. Damon held me tight when we sat down inside. I buried my face in his chest and cried. I've never known he could be so caring.

All in one day, my worst enemy became my best friend, we got kidnapped, and I got back a friend from the past. I was scared of what would happen next.