Chapter 23: The Dance

I watched as everyone else went into their rooms and got dressed.  I waited until there was a room free for me to get dressed in. I watched carefully as Dark and Tracer came out of their rooms and blushed when they looked at each other. I went into the  room and saw my dress laid out on the wooden nightstand next to my bed. I quickly changed into it. It was pretty on me. I couldn't help but smile again. I let my ears and tail appear. My tail was huge, fluffy, and had red swirls that looked like it was blood drifting through the wind. I grabbed out my red lipstick. I applied it. But just before I put it away, I realized that I didn't really look like I was dressed up for halloween. The lipstick looked like blood. I took out my black lipstick and the white one. I drew stitches on my hand with the lipstick. Then I went to the bathroom using the door from my room. I looked in the mirror as I drew blood and scars on my face, neck, and both arms. Including my wrists.  I had to admit i did a really good job. better than i thought I would. I came out of the bathroom. I saw everyone looking at me. Shelby asked me to do her make up in a similar way. I grabbed my whole make-up bag and took it with us to the dance. When we got to school. We gave our money and permission to get in t the front office. I took Shelby, Emily, and Luna to the bathroom. I sat up on the sink. i did Shelby's make-up first. I pulled out eye shadow and put a grey on them. All the make-up I did looked realistic. I drew a stitch across her left cheek. I took out the deep red, black, and grey lipsticks. i put them on her lips. but I made it look like real blood dripping from her lips. Then I did Emily's make-up. She wanted the same. Luna just wanted to have a stitch down the middle of her face. When I was done doing make-up, i went into the cafeteria. It's where the dance floor was. The colorful lights swirled around. The DJ was up on the stage blasting the song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. Shelby was out on the dance floor. So was Luna. They both danced with joy beyond just joy. Then Shelby spotted. "Oh no." I thought. Shelby ran over to me and grabbed me by the waist. She lead me out on the dance floor towards where Luna was dancing. Luna and Shelby were naturals. By I can't dance for the life of me. As I watched them dance, the music and the rythym sank in. It flowed through my bones and surged throughout my soul. I felt my arms and legs move to the beat. I couldn't believe it, I was dancing like magic. I felt as light as a feather. Then all of a sudden, a spotlight hit me on the dance floor. I looked up. Everyone had backed off and they were all staring at me. I blushed. Then i ran over to Shelby and Luna. I tugged them into the spotlight with me. Then the DJ played the song, "Halo". I laughed. I danced with Luna and Shelby. I sang along. Then I took Shelby's hands in mine. i sang, "I can see your haloooo!!!" She laughed and we both blushed. We danced as if the night would never end. We wished that it didn't have to end, honestly.