Chapter 5: Being rescued

None of us slept. We would sleep when we were safe. We had reached the edge of the forest. The wolf pack hadn't left our side and they didn't seem like they were going to now. There was a big hill in front of us. Steep, too. We hiked up the hill. Some of us having trouble. Others with ease just like the wolves. Once we reached the top of the hill, we all sat down for a couple minutes to catch our breath. We saw big field and then buildings ahead. Some of us jumped and silently squealed from excitement. Others either cried or hugged the wolves they bonded with. Once we had all calmed down, I pulled out my slick jacket from my backpack. I placed it underneath me. I slid down to the bottom of the hill on it. I whooped and squealed. It was a huge hill. More like a mountain you could say. I spun in circles as I was still sliding down the hill. Hunter was running after me looking scared but happy. He howled slightly a couple times. I giggled. The wind blowing through my ears, hair, and the fur on my tail felt nice. When I got to the bottom of the hill. I looked up and saw other kids doing what I had done, being followed by the wolves or just plainly rolling or walking down the hill.

But Damon was sliding down on his jacket. He was about to run into me. Seconds before he bumped into me, I dived to the side. Shelby came running down the hill and checked me for any injuries. I laughed, "Shelby... Shelby... Honestly I'm fine. I'm fine, Mom." She glared at me. Once everyone regrouped, we all continued on towards the building. I looked up and the sun was high in the sky. It must of been noon. Then I heard a car. I looked behind us it was the black van. I shouted, "HEAD TO THE TREE LINE!!! MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!!!!!" Everyone bolted towards the tree line. We stopped once we found cover. We heard footsteps. I had hidden under a fallen log with Damon again, but this time we had Shelby and the four wolves we bonded with at our side. The other kids hid behind trees or boulders. Then we heard footsteps. I froze and stopped breathing. Then Hunter, Talon, Feliz, and Gracie, the wolves with us started growling. I grabbed Hunter by the muzzle and he stopped. Damon and Shelby did the same with the other three. The masked men walked over us but looked around. Then Emily screamed as one of them spotted her and grabbed her. She swatted and thrashed to get free from his grip. But the man was too strong. I lunged out of my hiding spot and towards the guy. One of the other men sprung into action and leaped towards me. I punched him when he got too close to me. Then Hunter attacked him. I turned back to the guy holding Emily. I kicked him where it hurt. But he didn't flinch. Emily looked frightened. I realized that I couldn't fight him alone. I looked at Emily and nodded. She hugged him. He looked surprise and tried to get her off him. While he was distracted, I jumped onto his back and grabbed his neck. He let go of Emily and started scratching at my hands. I wrapped my legs around him to keep a good grip. Then I felt someone grabbing me. They dug their fingers into my sides. I screamed in pain and let go. I nearly fell to the ground. I twisted around. The masked man smirked as he kicked me in the chest. I fell backwards. Out of breath from having the air knocked out of me. I gasped for air. I felt dizzy. But it slowly faded. I kept backing up from the guy until I could stand up. All the other guys were busy wrestling with either a wolf, one of the other kids, or both. We outnumbered them entirely. I smirked at the guy who had been following me. I stood up. I pretended to lunge at him but instead jumped to the side of him. He turned to face me. But not before I kicked him in the side, knocking him over. I then pinned him to the ground. My knees holding his arms on the ground, my feet pinning his legs, and I choked him. He gasped for air. But I realized that he was probably being commanded to do this. Against his own will. I pulled away my hands. I said, "I'd stay down if I were you. Look around you." My voice turned harsh. "You're outnumbered. By a lot. Its 16 against 9. You will be killed. Some of you already have. Now leave!! YOU AND EVERYONE LAST ONE OF THESE MEN!! NO MORE KIDNAPPING!! YOU'RE ALL GOING TO JAIL!!" He had fear in his eyes. I whistled and the wolves and the other kids ran to me. They had all beaten up the kidnappers pretty badly. They were all laying on the ground, either dead, shocked, or injured and nearly dead. We ran off and headed to the buildings.

When there we looked at the wolves. What were we going to do about them? They were family now. We continued on to one of the houses that had a car parked in front of it. Shelby went up and knocked the door. The lady who opened the door looked us shocked. She saw our scars and our blood, especially the blood on the wolves' muzzles. She also saw our real ears and tails. She nearly screamed. But Shelby spoke up, "Please Ma'am we all just escaped from our kidnappers who experimented on us and left us in an abandoned prison. We need to get to a hospital. But the wolves can NOT leave our sides. Please call a hospital. These ears and tails are real but they are attached to our nerves. The kidnappers also enhanced our senses and added some kind of powers to us by experimenting on us." We all looked at the woman who had turned all sorts of different shades of white.  She said sweetly once she came back to reality, "Ok. But all of you come inside. Even the wolves and I'll see what I can do. You poor things. How could anybody ever do that to you?" She sighed. "I swear this world can be so cruel. We're gonna go extinct if people keep doing things like this."