Chapter 9: Chasing after you

The pup flinched as I reached my hand towards her. She sniffed me. Then bit my hand and ran off. I cried out in pain. Charlie started barking. Shelby came out with her cute ears and tail showing. She was also wearing a cute wolf onesie. I blushed slightly. I apologized for waking her up but she shushed me and asked what happened. As I explained she froze. She said, "We need to find her and any others like her. They're probably being experimented on as well. There was always a different room. We never knew what went on in there. But I could of sworn at one point I heard barking or whimpering. She's probably scared. She needs a real home. She's just like us... Shit... Now we know where we got our ears and tails. We need to follow her. NOW!!" She raced outside. She had talked so quickly I barely knew what she said. I grabbed a cloth, my phone, and ran off after Shelby.  Hunter followed close behind me. Once I caught up to Shelby, I spotted the pup. I let my ears and tail reappear in their spots. Hunter looked ahead of me and saw the little pup as well. I spoke to him, "Hunter, stop her. We need to help her." Hunter ran as fast as he could. He shot out a little past the pup. He skidded to a halt in front of her. She hadn't stopped running yet. When she ran into Hunter's leg, he grabbed her gently by the scruff of her neck. He held tight so she couldn't get loose. He came up to Shelby and I. Shelby carefully grabbed the pup, making sure she couldn't get away or bite her. I wrapped the cloth around the hand she bit. Then I put my phone in my pocket. I nodded at Hunter and said, "Good boy. You get a treat when we get back home." His tail wagged as fast as a hummingbird's wings. I looked back at the pup. Shelby removed her hood, still cradling the pup. She showed the pup her ears. Shelby's ears looked similar to the pup's right paw. The pup looked so confused. I said gently, "Hey pup, we wont hurt you. Hey, we were experimented on as well. Everything will be alright I promise. We can protect you from those awful people." I showed her my ears and tail as well. She just looked even more confused. I smiled kindly at her. Then I looked at Shelby. I said, "She's so beautiful. Such a beautiful little pup. What did she ever do to deserve to be experimented on. Poor thing." I turned back to the pup. "Are there others like you? We can help them, too. But you have to let us help you."