Chapter 23 - Golden.

Edited-ish

 Will's P.O.V.

"Hello, my sweet."

The words were hot on the back on my neck. Not thinking straight, I go to whip around and try to hit them. It collides with their sicking cold forehead with a wham, but they don't budge. I kneeled on the ground still, the pavement was most likely making indents into my knees.

Their arms snake around my waist making my whole body go tense. "Hmm, can't say that wasn't expected. " It was a male voice, silky smooth and laced with an underlining poison that brought warning tingles to my skin. The arms tightened, making it look from any onlookers point of view as a friendly hug from behind.

My mind was raced as the tears rushed down my blotchy face. It wasn't a pretty cry too, I could feel them ride down my face. Some staggered onto my lips leaving a salty flavor. All of my head felt like it was forcefully filled with concrete. It was heavy when I pulled harshly on the ends of my hair to stop the shaking of my restless hands.

"W-what?"

They ignore me, standing up and letting go of their grip on me. "Ivy, grab the boy." The voice says. "In one piece too. A closer look at the boy suggests that he might have a little more purpose than what I first proposed."

I turn my body around to get a look at him. His hair was midnight black, so dark it could've been dyed. Although the distance, I could also see his eyes were a pointed grey. A sharp jawline accompanied the menacing glare. More people came into my vision then, maybe around two or three. One of them, though, had hooves and unruly hair covering the lower half of their body. Satyrs, I tell myself. It confused my panicked state more.

He moves forward to grab me, following his orders. The man wasn't as big as the others, a good 5'7 with his muscles being less buff too. But it didn't stop his firmness when their hand harmfully goes to snatch my wrist. I jerk back, leaning awkwardly on my elbows for a minute before fight-or-flight instincts kick in. My hand snatches my dagger from their sight and in seconds I'm on my feet with both hands gripping it, pointing it at the same man.

It's trembling, though, and because of that, I looked less intimidating than I wished.  I quickly maneuver my head so I could use my shoulder to clear my eyes. They could see the weakness in me. These people knew I was going to be here just like Chiron said. Meaning, they had to do something or be in with, the person who had killed my mother.

"Well don't just stand there you fucking dumb asses," the black haired man says, "get the boy!"

The only woman in the group bends down to her shoe and brings out a throwing knife. the satyr brings a wooden recorder out of who-knows-where and starts playing a quiet tune. It ticks a memory inside of my head. Malcolm, one of the Athena kids, had told me some of these guys have the ability to influence your actions with their music. Magic he had called it.

The girl's knife suddenly gets flung at me. I dodge it barely, it grazing my hip. The pain sent flares down my body. "Fuck," I whimper slightly, a hand now holding the injury. The last one is now lost in my vision until I see him barely in the corner of my eye, running at a fast pace towards me.

It was three against one and I was definitely screwed. So I bolted.

I swept down an grabbed my backpack and took off. Of course, I naturally ran the way I shouldn't of. The street was a cul-de-sac, rounded back on one end meaning a dead end. With three, deadly armed people behind me, I couldn't exactly turn around either.

While running, I had thrown the bag across my back again to have my hands free. My side was killing me and so was every other part of me in emotional trauma. With one hand on my weapon, I looked down at the tear it had caused in my shirt. The edges were rimmed with specks of blood.