Chapter 4- Drained.

NICO'S P.O.V. 

I woke up to someone shaking me displeasing once again.

"Neeks, wake up! You need to go to school."

I groaned and shoved my head farther into my pillow. I really didn't feel like going this week. You would think Chiron would make an exception since I had family across the country visiting, but no. And besides that, I doubt Will would be very happy after finding out I had skipped school. Or perhaps he would.

"Nico, seven of your alarms have already gone off! I'm going to throw them in the trash if I hear them beep one more time."

"Fiinnneee."

Very sloppily I throw the blanket off my body and my legs over the bed. This time Ias careful to wear long pajama pants and a long sleeved shirt. I take a minute to regain consciousness and rub the sleep out of my eye before getting ready.

Hazel was already on the couch with a cup of coffee. I didn't bother to ask her how exactly she got it since breakfast wasn't till eight. Beside her held a tray of eggs, sausage, and a biscuit. Perhaps she snuck into the kitchen.

"Eat up, you're late!"

"I'm older than you, you can't tell me what to do." I joked. She truly felt older for her age. I went inside my trunk and pulled out a fresh outfit for the day. It was just plain blue jeans, a black tee, and the baggy aviator jacket as always. I brushed my hair as well as my teeth and then exited the bathroom. The small tracker laid on top of the dresser very temptingly. I shrugged and quickly shoved it inside my backpack.

Hazel nodded appropriately before shoving the platter towards me. "I don't have the appetite for that right now sis," I said truthfully. I never ate much before school knowing that it might be projectile vomited later. The anxiety of the school day was just too heavy to bear it. "But I promise to eat a big lunch, okay?"

"Fine, as long as you eat. You're too skinny," she laughed.

"I will." I pulled her into a bear hug and kissed the top of her head. In a brotherly way of course.

"Have a good day."

"You too. I heard they have some pegasi in the stables." I walked out the door before she could respond and shadow traveled into the small section of woods. I hadn't really had no reason to go out the door beside dramatic effect. It runs in the family I guess.

Dead branches and leaves crunched under my feet when I regained my balance. I wasn't ready for a new day in hell. The forecast, aka my gut, predicted it was not going to be a good day despite the warm welcoming of the morning.

One step at a time, I told myself.

~~~

Will's P.O.V.

My mind was swirling like the upcoming storm. They resembled its dark and gloomy nature too.

The cold September wind was blowing against my skin like small, piercing daggers. I pulled my thin red jacket closer to my shivering body. I could've been inside the school and enjoying the heat, but it was the fault of Zack and Izzah that I was sitting on the steps of the building. They had argued that it was a perfect time to get back at Nico for 'running away from me' on Friday. Of course, I never told them what actually happened, I would never trust them for anything, but it had been the only excuse that I had thought of in time when they bombarded me with questions.

"There he is," they whispered evilly. "What a freak..."

I looked up to follow their gaze. A small, pale boy was walking on the sidewalk towards the school. He had his head down and a black hood covering his messy raven hair. Sometimes It truly felt like the boys beside me actually believed that they were better than anyone else just because they had a little bit of money. That truly made my stomach sick. At least I knew what I was doing was wrong, them? I'm not so sure.