Forty-Sunday

"Good morning" my brother yawned out as he walked into the kitchen, where I stared at the plate of food in front of me. "Good morning sweetheart, breakfast?" "That sounds great" he responded as he sat beside me at the counter. "How was the after party, you two?" I heard Fred ask as he made his way into the kitchen, and I didn't respond. "I only remember Ethel putting me into bed," Moose said with a small chuckle, and I still didn't speak, I was too afraid I'd start crying.

    "What about you, sweetie? You've been quiet all morning" mom said, standing across from me, resting her chin on her hand. I looked at her, before looking at Fred who was drinking his coffee, also staring at me, before I turned to my brother who was chewing some food and staring at me. I felt overwhelmed, as the tears started to fall, and I took off running.

    I heard them screaming for me, but I took off running down the street, until I fell down in the road, about two blocks down. I started crying and sat up, holding my knees to my chest as I heard two pairs of feet running up to me. "Caden, what happened oh my god" "Pick her up, c'mon" I heard Moose and Archie exchange words as I cried before I felt my brother pick me up bridal style and I locked my arms around his neck as I cried into his shoulder loudly.

     "Dad, where's the first aid kick, she fell pretty hard" I heard Archie ask as I felt my brother set me on the couch, and I turned into the inner part of the couch, crying harder as I squeezed the side, and screamed into the back of the couch loudly.

     I felt someone rub my head as they picked it up, and I recognized my mom's hand before she put my head in her lap.

---

       Once I had calmed down, and Archie cleaned and bandaged my knee, we all sat in the living room. They were waiting for me to talk, but I couldn't. I didn't know what to say. "Caden what the hell happened at that party," Archie asked, as the doorbell rang. Fred looked at me before he got up and walked towards it.

    I didn't say anything but seen Fred come to sit back down. I turned around to see Reggie walking in holding flowers, and I felt angry as I stood up on the couch and started to throw the couch pillows at him, while I started to scream for him to leave. "Caden! I'm sorry, okay!? What can I say!?" I held the last couch pillow in my hand, as I panted before I stepped off the couch and stomped over to him, taking the flowers before I started to hit him with them "Flowers doesn't make up for bending Macey over a bed and fucking her!" I screamed as I started to cry until I felt arms wrap around my body and pick me up as I kept crying.

    "Reggie, you need to leave" I heard my mom say as I dropped the remainders of the flowers and gripped the arms around my waist. "First, I'm gonna fucken kill him" I felt them carrying me upstairs, as I heard my mom screaming at Moose to stop. They sat me in the bed, and I quickly recognized Archie's red hair, but I grabbed his arm and pulled him down to me, as I wrapped my arms around his stomach and cried.