Twenty Six-Saturday

I tossed my hair into a messy bun while I stood in my room. I was playing music from my phone while I decided to start slowly packing things up. Last night, after dinner we had gone to look at the house, and we picked out out bedrooms. The house was a two-story, with an attic, and a storage area in the back, with a two car garage.

     I stood beside my bed, cleaning off my desk into a box. It took me a moment because I wanted to look at almost every single thing. I was staring at a wooden photo frame, it was our first day of high school, Archie was stood at the end, wearing jeans and a shirt, Jughead was beside him, with jeans, his suspenders, a grey shirt, and a button upon, with his crown on, Betty was standing on the other side of Archie, her skirt and sweater on, ponytail high. I stood beside Jughead, I was wearing jean shorts, with fishnets, a Guns N Roses grey shirt, and a red plaid button up on, then there was Donny wearing jeans and a white shirt, with a blue and white plaid button up, sleeves rolled up, along with mine and Jugs. Kevin was on the other side of Donny, wearing a grey sweater, some jeans, and a big smile.

     Jughead and I didn't want to take the photo, but everyone was very persistent. I laughed a little with a few tears in my eyes as I noticed Jughead and I had the same unhappy face. I felt a pair of arms slither around my waist and a kiss to my shoulder blade. "What is it?" Sweetpea asked, and I showed him the picture, while I reached onto my desk for two more photo frames. One was of Donny, Moose, and Jason wearing their football jackets, and Cheryl and I in cheer uniforms. That was taken right when Donny's jacket had arrived.

     Most kids didn't get theirs until they were a Sophomore, but mom was very persistent he got his early. The photo frame was dark blue, and I had put a football sticker on the corner. I chuckled before looking at the next photo frame while Sweetpea took the football one from my hands. The next photo frame was of Jughead and I sitting at the drive-in, Donny had taken it. Jughead was drinking from the cup of coke we had, and I was throwing popcorn at the camera. We were sitting against the building that later Jughead moved into.

    I smiled before putting it into the box and turning towards my boyfriend "Would you like to help?" I ask, and he shrugged "Are you gonna complain if I do something wrong" "You right" I said with a laugh, pushing him to set on the bed. He grabbed my hand and pulled me with him as he fell down, causing me to fall on top of him, so I laughed before trying to get up. "Noooo" I rolled my eyes "Let me up Pea," I said before kissing his lips. He moved his hands up to my face, so I jumped up and walked over to the desk again.

     "Hey, Caden, oh hey Sweetpea didn't know you were here. But, do you have any tape? So I can tape the bottom of the box" he said, holding the cardboard box up. I took it from him and grabbed the boxing tape, quickly doing it before throwing it to him. He shouted a thank you as he started walking towards his room. I started to put the rest of my photos into the box, photo frames, and photo albums. When it was full, I tapped it shut and wrote 'C PICS' on tho and sat a shoe box on top with loose photos, writing the same thing on it.

    I sighed and looked at my bare desk before moving over to my bookshelf. I heard Sweetpea change the song on my phone, and ignored it. The song wasn't even that good. "Betty texted you" "Whats it say?" I ask as I put a few books into a plastic box. "She asked if you wanted help packing" "Say yes ma'am please" I responded, before hearing him tapping on my screen.

      "Sweetie, Fred found this stuff while moving the washer and dryer" I turned my head to see my mom holding a handful of clothes. I took it from her and tossed it into my clothes basket. "Do you need anything, hun?" "I'm fine right now," I said a smile, and she nodded before walking out. I looked towards my boyfriend "Will you sit on the love sac" I asked, and he didn't respond, instead he rolled over the side and put his feet down before he fell, and threw himself into the giant bean bag.

     I started taking my bed sheets off, tossing them into the laundry basket before putting the pillows into another box. "Sweetie? Fred is about to come get your bed will- oh, you already did it" I chuckled before Sweetpea stood up "I'll help him" he said, so we flipped the mattress against the wall and when Fred came in, the took most of it apart before Archie and Moose joined and they took it to Fred's truck where they quickly delivered it to the house.

"This is so weird already" I turned my head to Betty and chuckled "Right" I responded as she started to take some of the decorations off the walls.

--

    We walked into the new house, Sweetpea and I carrying my last few boxes of shit as we made our way up to my bedroom, where they had put the bed together and put the mattress down, but that's all besides my dresser, bedside tables, and desk which were all kinda put together in the corner with my snake habitat on top, plugged in.

     I sat the boxes down on the floor before calling on top of my bed with a sigh. I felt Sweetpea lay beside me, as he pulled me into his chest. I curled into a ball, resting my head on his chest. "Now you're a few minutes closer to the Southside" he whispered, and I chuckled. "What time is it?" I asked sheepishly. "Almost two in the morning" he replied. I groaned and dug my face into his chest, falling asleep almost instantly.