Eleven-Friday-Finals

I was walking around with my friends, and Sweetpea held my hand as we did. Matt and Jackson also walked with us, as we looked for the booth we wanted. "Where the fuck would it be" I said, looking around "If one of you dumbasses would have listened, we'd know!" Jackson shouted, making Matt and I look at each other before smacking both sides of his head.

      "Yoooo, I found it!" I looked towards where Matt was watching and smiled "Let's do this shit boys" I said, dropping Sweetpea's hand and grabbing the two boys by their upper arms, making our way over with my friends behind us.

     We got up there as a group of kids walked off and Jackson signed us up quickly. We watched two performances before it was finally our turn, and we walked onto the platform and got into our stances.

(Her as the girl obviously)

     I watched as everyone watched us the entire time until we walked back away, and they told us to come back in an hours time, which was fine because our turn to run on stage was 20 minutes, so all of us took off running to the main stage. Matt, Jackson, and I ran to get dressed and touch up anything that needed it.

     I high-fived everyone before they walked off without me, waiting for my time, I watched like a proud mother until our friend Jo-jo came on stage, calling role like at school,

(I see her as Paris in this one(PART 1))

     "Justice..." "Here!" said Kyle, one of the boys as he pretended to be gay, "Kara... Caden. Where is Caden!?" "Maybe she's not here yet" "Where is she!? Where is Caden!?" my time, baby...

      I walked off the side as door noises came, causing everyone to look at me. We did the dance, perfectly as rehearsed. 

(I see her as the red-headed girl in this one (PART 2))

      When we finished, we regrouped to the side, where we all high fived and cheered. We only had two groups after us, so we decided to just watch them. I held onto Zeo's hand and Matt's as we watched. Zeo's nails dug into my hand slightly from her nerve, but I felt it just as much as her.

      After both groups, we watched the four people get together and start talking. This determined what felt like our whole life. Soon we watched the announcer walk up the stage to the microphone and start to thank everyone for coming, before starting to announce 3rd place. I squeezed both of their hands as tight as I could, feeling my heart thumping hard against my chest.

      Next, he announced 2nd place, and it didn't stop my heart from exploding anymore. I shut my eyes tightly as he started with 1st place.

      "1st place is being awarded the first place trophy, along with $14,000 that will be split between each group member! I'm happy to announce the winners of this year dancing finals"

                                      Fuck, fuck fuck fuck fuck

       "The Riverdale Vixens!" the group and I burst out into loud screams as we jumped around each other, before running on stage I had tears running out of my eyes while Matt grabbed the trophy, and two of the girls grabbed the giant fake check. I laughed at my dance family as we made our way outside while Matt and Jo-jo went to get the actual money to divide between 16 of us... That was $875 each.

    We waited in the room until they came back, waving the cash around as we all cheered loudly. Quickly they divided it and we left outside of our families. Matt held the trophy high above his head as we walked out cheering. I saw all of our families standing by the school bus we were using, and quickly the dance crew circled together, cheering loudly. "Bring the fire!" I screamed causing us to all scream it together.

      When we were done, everyone started talking to their families as I walked over to my friends and brother, where most of them held flowers, causing me to laugh before Alice Cooper pulled me into a tight hug. As I stopped walking, I felt the burning pain in my ankle and let tears fall from my face.

       She kissed my forehead while handing me white tulips. Everyone had hugged me, most had given me flowers and Reggie actually brought me a wooden box to put them all in. Everyone started to regroup on the bus to leave, but I told them to wait on me as I jogged to the bus and walked on last, hearing cheers and screams. Matt smiled at me as the trophy sat in his seat.

     "Alright guys, I'm riding back with my family but first I've got to tell you something," I said as more tears came to my eyes and I felt like I was choking. "I-i" I started, but couldn't find the right words. "I-Th-" I paused and took in a deep breath, laughing at myself a little.

     "This was my last competition," I said, my voice cracking. I was attacked with a million questions "Quiet!" I shushed them, "I'm happy this is my last competition, but also sad to say goodbye to you guys. I'll attend as many competitions as I can in the next year, b-but this is my last run with you guys." I said with a smile as tears started to fall down my face.

       "I haven't said anything, but since I twisted my ankle last year, it really hurts," I said, my voice cracking "And I have to call it quits. I love you guys so much, and this will always be my dance family" I said as everyone started to get up and we hugged before I walked off.

       I stopped outside the bus and waited as they drove off, letting silent tears fall. I felt a hand fall on my shoulder, and I didn't care who it was, I just hugged them. I quickly recognized it was Betty. I cried into her neck for a minute before I was finally done and she held my hand as we walked over.

       "Does that mean you won't be cheering anymore either?" Cheryl asked, and I nod my head, making her look towards the ground with a sad look. I was soon involved in a group hug. After a few minutes of talking, I was in a car with Sweetpea, Moose, and Kevin. I sat in the back seat, leaning against Sweetpea as we drove home from six hours away. I couldn't be happier with the way things were going with my friends.