Seventeen-Tuesday

I walked into the student lounge, holding a bottle of water in my hand and both boys beside me. "Is there a party this weekend?" I asked suddenly before we separated, "Yeah, our house actually" I nodded "Good" I replied before walking over to my friends, setting in Sweetpea's lap.

      "There's a party at my house this weekend," I said, interrupting Veronica. "I could use a drink" I pointed to Archie after his response "Drinking buddy" "What the hell am I then?" I laughed and turned to Kevin "My best friend" he smiled and nodded a little bit. "How's your hand?" Betty said, sitting up on the couch. "It's there, I mean I couldn't write in class, I cant make a fist. Reggie did my work for me after the teacher and I argued."

     I slid off of Sweetpea's lap and into the spot on the couch between Fangs and him. I leaned my side against Sweetpea and placed my hand in his on his lap though. "I just came up with your ship name oh my god" I chuckled and looked to Kevin "What the hell" "Saden" I made a stank face "Ooh that sucks." He rolled his eyes and I chuckled. "Saden.. Sounds like someone trying to say Satan" "Perfect" I rolled my eyes in response.

---

     I slowly unlocked the bedroom door before swinging the door wide open and looking into Donny's room. Everything was exactly the same. His school bag on the floor by his bed, his bed half made. His lettermen on the bed, his laundry all over the place along with some in the basket. The empty water bottles by his bed. His laptop was still open on his desk with papers beside it. I walked over and slowly sat on his bed, the light blue bedspread was cold. I sat the two photo albums down as I pulled his lettermen on over my shoulders.

     I leaned up against the wall a little bit as I started to flip through the album. I watched as small water droplets fell against the thin plastic over the photos. I heard my phone ringing from my bedroom but decided to ignore it as I kept looking through photos.

      After a few more minutes I was laying down on the bed, clutching one photo album to my chest and crying with the other one open under my head. I was facing the wall as I cried and shook violently. "Oh my god Caden" I heard someone from behind me as well as hands turn me onto my back. I looked up to see Reggie who gave me a concerned look.

      He picked me up a little bit and moved the photo albums to the floor before sitting down and holding me in his chest. I had my face against his chest as I sobbed violently. He rubbed my hair as he whispered into my ear that I was gonna be okay. "What the hell are you both doing in here!?" I looked to the doorway to see Moose looking angry. "Get his jacket off, Caden! And get out! Now!" "Moose, stop fucking screaming at her!" "Now, Mantle!" Reggie moved to the edge of the bed and pulled me up to him. "Do you wanna go to my house for a little while, Caden?" I nodded and he started walking me down the stairs.

     "Where the hell do you think you're going, Caden Darling Mason!" "Moose, I'm taking her over to my house for a while because obviously, something is wrong with you!" Reggie screamed as he opened the door and we walked outside. We made our way down to where Reggie was parked and he put me in the passenger seat. "Caden get your ass in the house right now!" "Stop fucken screaming at her!" "Don't tell me what to do, Mantel!" Reggie shut the door and started walking over to Moose as they screamed at each other. I watched as Moose grabbed Reggie by his lettermen jacket and tried to throw him onto the ground before they started to fight in the yard.

     I started to scream at them as I got out and ran over. I started smacking Moose as he straddled Reggie and I hit him with my stitched up fist as they fought in the snow. "Caden move!" I heard Archie scream as I continued to hit my brother, feeling each of the stitches break as I did.

     One minute I was hitting Moose as hard as I could, and the next I was in the snow holding my face. "Caden!"I heard different people scream as I heard running. "Moose get the fuck off of him!" I felt someone grab me and I turned my head to see Betty with tears of her own in her eyes. I turned to see Archie holding Moose back and Fred pushing Reggie away. Along with Alice running over to us, looking like she just got off of work.

     "Betty, take Caden inside to get her things she's staying with us!" Alice screamed as she ran over to us. "She isn't going anywhere!" "Young man do you think we'd let her stay with you after you just hit her!?" I grabbed my face, rubbing my cheek and winced as my hand grazed my mouth, pulling it back I see he split my lip. "Mom, she tore her stitches open" "Oh my god, okay come on. We'll get your things later" she said as she started to pick me up.

    I looked up to Reggie who had a black eye forming and his lip was split open. He gave me a small nod as if to say he was okay as we passed by and they sat me in Alice's back seat before she drove to the hospital.