Seven-Saturday

I climbed out of the shower, wrapping my hair in a plush pink towel before drying my body and wrapping myself up in a silk black robe. I made my way out of the bathroom and towards my brothers' bedroom where he sat on his bed, playing on his phone "Can you go stay at Reggie's tonight or something? I have a date and it's here" "Who is it?" "I don't have to answer that," I said while walking towards my bedroom.

        I walked over to my closet and started looking through clothes. "I just want to know who, I'm not gonna care" I heard my brother say from my door frame. "It's Sweetpea," I said softly before pulling out a dress and laying it on my bed. "Let me see if Reg is free, if not I'll just go to Aaron's or something," he said while walking away. I didn't say anything back, not feeling the need to before I walked back into our shared bathroom where I started to dry my hair.

     When finished, I pinned it up on top of my head before heading downstairs to the kitchen where I looked through the fridge before I grabbed Lays Dill Pickle Chips from the counter and sat on the couch. I ate the chips and scrolled on social media before putting the chips up and jogging up to my room. He would be here around 7:00 o'clock, and I needed to start cooking around 6:00, right now it was 4:53, so I decided to start on my hair.

     I straightened my hair before I applied eyeliner and mascara. "I'll be back later tonight" I looked in my mirror to see my brother "have fun," I said with a smile before he left. I stood up and tossed my robe to the bed and slipped my dress on before plopping back down, putting on the two rings and necklace I was given yesterday. I sat on my bed while pulling on some white heels before I noticed it was 5:48.

                  Cooking a few minutes early won't hurt, right??

     I walked down the stairs in the house and hooked my phone up to the Bluetooth speaker so it wasn't silent while I cooked. Music started to play so I set my phone down and made my way into the kitchen where I took my rings off and set them off to the side. I poured myself half a glass of Jack Daniels before starting to cut up and peel some potatoes.

      While they started to boil, I slipped a plain black apron on and started to cut up cherry tomatoes and garlic which I tossed into a pan with butter on low heat before I grabbed another pot and melted half a stick of better with rosemary in it before moving back to the counter. I grabbed the chicken breasts and started so reason them with salt, lemon pepper, and a little seasoning salt. I put it into the pot with butter and rosemary before moving a few of the garlic cloves and tomatoes over to the chicken.

     I hummed along to Slipknot playing through the speakers while I started to make brown gravy. After a few more minutes, I grabbed fresh green beans from the fridge and put them in the garlic and tomatoes pan just before draining the potatoes.

      I stood at the counter, put some butter and milk in before I started to mash them. After adding a little salt and pepper, I put them back on the stove before I put the green beans into the same pot as the chicken with everything else. I made the table while everything started to finish up. As I stood at the sink, finishing the whiskey off, there was a knock on the door, making me walk over after dumping the ice into the sink.

     I opened the door to see Sweetpea, wearing black jeans, a grey shirt with a black and red button up undone, and his jacket. He gave me a smile as I moved out of the way to let him in "That was really good timing" I said with a small laugh as I shut the door.

       "Well it smells really good" I gave him a smile as I took the apron off and hung it back on the hook. "You look beautiful, Caden" I blushed while turning around to face him "You look handsome, Pea," I said as he smiled back. "There are drinks in the fridge if you want, I'm just gonna move everything to the table," I said while turning around to face the stove where I grabbed two of the pots and walked over to the wooden dining table.

     I turned around as Sweetpea came walking up with the two other pots. I smiled at him as he sat them down. "What do you want to drink?" I ask while walking over to the fridge, but I felt his hand rest on my hip as he looked in the fridge. I couldn't help but smile at his touch.

     I handed him one of the glass beer bottles before I grabbed the bottle of wine I was drinking with Betty last night. I opened the cabinet and pulled a wine glass out, pouring a bit before we made our way back to the table, where we sat down across from each other.

       I gave him one last smile before we started to make our own plates. The music was still playing, but I had changed it to a softer playlist. He had taken his jacket off by now as we talked. "What do your parents do?" he asked while picking the beer up and taking a drink. I whipped my mouth off before speaking, "They're into business, they have to travel for it a lot. They actually met in college, in one of their classes."

      "Jughead said Fangs and you live together," I said, he nodded a little, "We were both emancipated and my dad actually bought the trailer for us, its right by FP's" I smiled a little. "Are you close with your family?" "Not really with my parents, no, but Moose and I are pretty close. My parents became distant after the accident" I replied, and he gave me another small nod.

      The topic of conversation changed a million times before we were sitting on my bed, looking at photos and he was laughing at all of us. "Why do Jughead and Donny have cheer uniforms on," he asked, laughing at the photo where the boys wore cheer uniforms, and Betty was on the phone with Archie, and I was laughing on the floor. "Betty called Archie and said we had some really cute cheerleaders that wanted to meet him! He was so mad!" I said laughing at it.

      "You look better in the cheer uniform then Jughead," he said with a chuckle while turning the page. I smiled but looked down at the new page. One of the photos was of Kevin and I hugging, cheek to cheek while Betty was on Archie's back and Jughead was laying on the floor face down. Another, was of me on Jason Blossom's shoulder, laughing as he was about to drop me while Cheryl was in the photo, tanning on one of our lawn chairs, and Moose was throwing Jason a football.

       "Were you guys all close?" I shrugged a little "I'm Moose's sister, Jason and Moose were on the Football team together, and I'm Cheryl's friend." he nodded before flipping the page. "No!" I said while covering the page with my hands, causing him to laugh and pull it away. "Nooooo!" I whined while he stood up and walked away so I couldn't get it. "Look at your little rolls!" he said laughing at the baby photo of Fred Andrews holding me and Archie in his arms. I was in a black and white polka dot bikini and lemme tell you, I was a chunky baby.

      "Cutest busted can of biscuits," he said as he plopped down on my bed again, making me laugh as he flipped the page. I moved up closer to him, looking at the rest of the photos. One I had put in there a week ago, Betty and Jughead smiling at the camera, while Kevin sat by Betty and I was in his lap, it was taken in my bedroom by Archie.

       He chuckled before closing the book and sitting it on my nightstand. He looked around at my walls, at the random things I had hanging around as I did also. He looked over to the nightstand and picked up the white polaroid camera, examining it before pulling the lens to turn it on. He smiled at me "What?" I asked with a chuckle as I sat up, and he wrapped his arm around my body and pulled me closer to him, where he kissed my cheek and took a photo with the camera as I closed my eyes.

       After the photo came out of the top, he closed the lens and got up, walking off with the photo "What are you doing?" I asked with a giggle as he put the photo on one of the empty clips.

        He turned around to look at me and had a bright smile on his face, and I returned it.