Twenty Seven-Sunday

I groaned at the light rays coming through my blinds that were left open last night, closing them tighter and turning around, shoving my face into a pillow. This pillow smells a lot like Sweetpea... I leaned back and opened my eyes, seeing Sweetpea sleeping peacefully. I smiled and moved my hand up to caress his cheek.

    I kissed his cheek and I heard him grunt, making me chuckle as I sat up, my back cracking multiple times. "What time is it?" I heard Sweetpea ask in his morning voice. Alright, look not tryna have sex right now, please! I grabbed my phone above his head "It's almost ten in the morning" I replied, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "Mmm, I probably need to get home. Fangs probably freaking out right now" he said as he stretched, his bones cracking. I stood up and looked around my bedroom.

    "I'll text you later, baby girl," he said as he bent down to kiss me. I kissed him back before he grabbed his jacket and walked downstairs. Archie stepped out of his room which was across from mine, and he was in sweatpants and a hoodie that was only half zipped. He was rubbing his eyes like he just woke up. "Wanna go to pops?" I asked, and he nodded. I slipped on some flip-flops before grabbing my phone, wallet, and keys. He put his shoes on and we walked downstairs where we saw Moose snoring on the couch.

     We both snorted with laughter before walking outside and getting into my car. I quickly drove over to Pops and we walked in, set in a random booth. "You two look beat" I looked up to FP and gave him a sheepish smile "We were moving yesterday," I said as Archie stretched again, letting out a high pitched whine. "Can we just get two breakfasts for here, and then three to go?" I ask, and he nodded before coming back with some coffee.

     "Oh look, its the Olson sisters" I looked up to see Kevin, Betty, and Veronica come in "At least say something funny," I said while scooting over so Betty and Kevin sat by me, Veronica sitting by Archie. "Here's your breakfast, kids. What do you three wanna eat?" I tuned them out as I started to eat the sunny side up eggs instantly. My breakfast from Pops was two sunny side up eggs, two pieces of bacon, one piece of sausage, and two pieces of toast.

     "How much did you guys do last night?" I grunted "Everything is there, mostly, besides getting the last few things from Fred's," I said, mouth full of bacon. "Dad says he wants us to unpack the kitchen and living room while they're out today," Archie said, eating his food. FP brought over a bag with three to go boxes, so I handed him money for it plus a tip.

      Archie and I finished and left the three friends to go home and food our family. When we walked in, Moose was stretching, and mom and Fred were in the kitchen, unboxing a few things "We brought breakfast" I announced as I walked to the kitchen, sitting it on the quartz counter. Moose came in and took a box before walking outside to the porch.

     I sat it down and walked up to my bedroom, kicking my shoes off before I started to move things around. Soon, I started to hang my clothes up or put them away. When finished with that, I started to hang my photo string back up, before I started hanging up photos, there was a knock on my door. I turned my head to see mom "We're heading out" "Alright, what time do you want dinner?" "Possibly around 7-8 ish?" I nodded and she walked off, hearing her heels clack on the wooden floor.

    I played my phone through my speaker as I started to unbox the rest of my stuff. When I finished, it was around 5:30, so I decided to go shower in my own bathroom. I had my own bathroom, the boys had to share, mom and Fred had their own, and then there was a half bath in the hallway. I shut my bedroom door and walked through to my bathroom, where I stripped myself of my clothes and got into the hot water.

      After about thirty minutes, I finally got out and wrapped a towel around my body, and another around my head. I walked out of the bathroom, into my bedroom where I quickly dried my body off before putting on underwear and a bra, before I slipped a dress on and sat at my vanity. I looked at my phone to see I had no messages, not even from Sweetpea. I frowned, but ignored it, he probably went back to sleep honestly.

      I used the towel on my head to dry it more before I applied make up, covering the bags under my eyes and some mascara. I hung the towels up in the bathroom before I made my way downstairs where I saw the boys hooking the gaming station up to the tv. I rolled my eyes and started to unbox the movies, and the photo frames that I hung up around the living room before I went to the kitchen.

 I rolled my eyes and started to unbox the movies, and the photo frames that I hung up around the living room before I went to the kitchen

     It was almost 7 o'clock so I decided to start making dinner. I decided to make cajun chicken pasta, one of my mom's favorites. "Come here!" I shouted to the boys, "Whats up?" Moose asked as they came in "go get the gifts from my car, they're in the trunk" I said, pointing to my keys on the counter.

     Archie grabbed them and they walked outside. I started to stir everything together when they came back in and I turned to them, carrying bags and boxes. They sat them down in the living room before starting to play their game again.

     As I sat the dining table, I heard the front door open followed by my mom's laughter. "Dinners done!" I screamed as I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the pot, turning around and walking towards the dining room, mom, Fred, and the boys walking in. I sat the pot down and looked at Archie "Come help me" I said, and he nodded following me.

      He grabbed the crescent rolls, while I poured mom a glass of wine before grabbing Fred a glass and pouring a bit of whiskey onto it before grabbing the boys and myself sodas. We walked into the dining room, setting the drinks down accordingly. We made mom sat at the head of the table as we ate and talked about her birthday before Moose, Archie, and I cleared off the table.

     We brought mom into the living room where she started complaining about us buying her gifts, but we ignored her before sitting her down in her grandpa chair and started opening her gifts.

     I had bought her a necklace with wings and a halo, a few things for her office, and a new coffee mug that said 'BOSS LADY' in gold cursive. Archie had gotten her new books, along with office stuff. Fred got her a few different things, but I know her favorite was what Moose got her. It was a gold necklace, with a gold gross with Donny's full name on it, between each name was a small diamond. She teared up and couldn't talk. It was really cute though because Fred kissed her and held her hand.