One-Monday

People were cheering as I fought with a girl in the hallway until someone tripped her and we fell through the doorway of the Student Lounge, where I straddled her lap and started to punch her as hard as I could

     People were cheering as I fought with a girl in the hallway until someone tripped her and we fell through the doorway of the Student Lounge, where I straddled her lap and started to punch her as hard as I could. She was screaming at me and trying to flip us over, but that was one thing I wasn't going to let happen. I felt arms trying to get me off of her, but they couldn't get a grip on me.

      She was crying when she stopped fighting back, but it didn't mean I stopped hitting her. She had blood coming from her nose and her lip where I split it. I felt multiple people grabbing me and I was being picked up, causing me to stop trying to hit her. I watched as another girl came running over to help her up, dragging her out of the room.

     I breathed hard while the boys held me. "Caden what the fuck was that" I thrashed myself out of their arms and turned around to my brother, Moose, and two of his buddies, Reggie and Archie. As I went to open my mouth, I heard the principal announce my name over the intercom. "Gotta go. Don't go on another date with that bitch" I said, shoving my brother back a bit as I turned around and started walking to the office.

----

     I sat in Pops Chock'Lit Shoppe, playing with the straw in my drink. "Look its Rocky Balboa" I heard as the door opened, making me shake my head as I looked up to see Jughead Jones walking in with some Serpents "Shut up, Jones" I said, as he smiled and sat down beside me, the two other boys setting in front of us. "So what happened? Did you two wanna wear the same dress for Homecoming?" I scoffed "No, she was talking about my brother actually" "So? A lot of people talk about your brother, he's a Football player" I shook my head "Not Moose" I replied as I dropped the straw in my cup and looked over to Jughead.

     He gave me a knowing look before dropping it. "Said, some shit and how Moose opened up to her about it on their date on Friday" "He's finally getting over Midge?" he asked, and I shrugged "I guess so" "It's been almost a year" "Yeah well she was murdered and we all seen it, her body up there hanging. You saw it, I seen it, Moose seen it, everyone seen it. I had her blood on me" I said.

     He clapped his hand on my back and rubbed it for a second before ordering some food from Pop with his friends. I looked between them "You're the one she was banging" I said to one, and he looked down "I figured it would have been another Football player" I laughed a little bit. "Sorry about her ma shooting you, I'm probably one of the only people who didn't think you killed her," I said with a shrug.

     "You mean you didn't think I killed her? And you don't blame me for it?" "We all know who did it. Just because you were sleeping with her, doesn't mean you wanted to kill her" I shrugged. I looked at the other kid "And you thrashed the school. Wish I had an invitation, gotta admit" I said with a shrug.

     I turned my head to Jughead and just stared at him for a minute. "Why are you staring at me?" I shrugged "Tryna figure out why you're such a dumbass," I said while placing my mouth around the straw. "Why am I dumbass?" I shrugged "Because I said so." I heard the doorbell ding as it opened and I looked up to see my brother and his best friend coming in. "That's my cue" I said standing up in my seat and jumping into the booth behind where Jug and I sat as I walked over to my brother.

     My brother grabbed my arm and drug me outside towards his car. I flung my arm from his grip hard "Do not touch me like that, Moose" I threatened. "Care to tell me what the fuck that was about, Caden!?" he said, spinning around to look at me. "I'm not gonna let some dumb bitch sit there and talk about my family the way she was, also forget going on another date with her because it's not happening" "You can't tell me who I can and can't date, Caden! You're my little sister! Now, what the fuck was so bad that she was talking about that you had to almost break her nose?!" "She fucken brought Donny up!" I screamed, shoving him hard.

     That's when I saw his face fall a bit "I'm not gonna let a bitch talk about him the way she was. So, if you go on a date with her again, I'll know where the hell you stand" I said, panting with anger.