Nineteen-Friday

A Few Weeks Later, After Caden's Hand Has Healed

     Moose and I made up after I got to punch him in the face. He felt really bad, but I was still upset with him. I know it was my fault because I shouldn't have gotten between two people who were fighting. Reggie and Moose also made up, a few days before us. Since my fist was fully healed, I'm paying Reggie back by letting him eat dinner with us whenever I cook, like tonight.

     Tonight I was cooking with help from Betty who was staying the night. All the girls had gone to get their prom dresses on Tuesday, and of course, I went. But, I decided to order something online. It should be in tomorrow morning. Moose and Reggie were up in Moose's room playing video games since we were listening to music while cooking.

      We were making baked chicken, fried potatoes, green beans, and salad. Betty was cutting up potatoes while I was cutting up onions, green bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and garlic. As I finished the onions, there was a knock on the door, "I got it" I said as I quickly rinsed my hands off and jogged towards the door where they knocked again.

     I swung it open to reveal Sweetpea, Jughead, Archie, and Veronica. "come in," I said, stepping out of the way a bit. I quickly walked back into the kitchen with them trailing behind me, and I picked up my glass of Jack Daniels and took a drink from it as Archie swung the fridge open. "Uh, Betty said you like champagne? But I have wine if you want" I said, looking at Veronica who nodded, so I reached up and grabbed a wine glass for her.

      "I just realized, what the hell are you wearing" I heard Archie ask with a laugh, and I looked down with a frown "I'm wearing Kevin's boxers and a sports bra" "You should probably put some clothes on" I looked to Reggie as he came downstairs and I rolled my eyes before running up to my bedroom and changing into my own underwear before pulling on a pair of short shorts and a cut off Slipknot shirt before going back down.

      The three boys ended up in the living room while Veronica sat in the kitchen with Betty and I. I went back to cutting the foods up while Veronica helped cut some potatoes. After a few minutes, I put the chicken on a tray with half of the veggies, and then the potatoes with the other half on another tray before putting it into the oven as Betty started to cut up more garlic and tomatoes.

     I started the green beans with the garlic, tomatoes, and butter before Betty started to cut up lettuce, I cut up some tomatoes and Veronica started on the avocados. As I was putting the tomatoes into a bowl I heard a knock on the door so I rinsed my hands off and jogged over, opening it to reveal Toni, Cheryl, and Kevin so I moved and let them in also.

     The girls went into the living room while Kevin went into the kitchen. I started to do the dishes that were dirty while the three sat around and talked before I got my own glass of wine and went into the living room. I sat between Sweet's legs on the floor and he leaned up, wrapping his arms loosely around my shoulders.

     I wrapped my hands around his and interlocked our fingers. "When will the food be done?" "When I say, Mantel!" "Oooh, feisty today" I rolled my eyes before letting go of Sweetpea's hands and sitting on the arm of the couch, my legs over him. I took a drink from the wine glass before I heard my phone ringing "What the fuck" I mumbled, curiously as I got up and sat the cup down before walking into the kitchen and picking up to an unknown number "Hello?" "Caden!? Hey, it's Justin, I-I know I'm probably the last person you want to talk to. But, I was wondering if um... Well" "What is it?" "You remember how you wanted Buttercup?" I smiled "Yes, I remember wanting Buttercup, why?" I replied as I heard a knock on the door "No fucking way" I said as I dropped my phone and darted towards the door.

     As I swung it open, I saw my ex-boyfriend and his little brother holding Buttercup's cage and set up. "Justin?" I heard Archie from behind me but ignored them as I reached into the cage and picked up the baby Banana Ball Python "Oh my gosh hi baby" I said as I held him in my hands. "Caden, this stuff is heavy please" I giggled and moved out of the way and watched the two boys walk past me.

 "Caden, this stuff is heavy please" I giggled and moved out of the way and watched the two boys walk past me

     I turned towards my friends who stood around. "Look," I said with a giggle as I held the snake up a little bit. "He's so cute," Toni said as she walked over and rubbed the top of his head. "Mind showing us where we can put it?" I heard Justin yell and I glared a little bit before handing the snake over to Toni and running up the stairs. I moved everything off of the coffin book sheld and they placed it on top of it, fitting perfectly before plugging the lamp and everything in.

     I looked at Justin "Why are you giving him to me?" "My girlfriend doesn't like snakes," he said, awkwardly which made me laugh before looking at his little brother and messing up his hair as he ran into my waist to hug me. The three of us walked back down the stairs, but Jesse, Justin's little brother, didn't let me go as we walked. "You stopped coming over," he said while looking up to me after we got towards the door.

       "I know, I'm sorry," I said before bending down to his height. "But now your brother has a new girlfriend you can try to steal," I said with a laugh, hearing Justin laugh too. "She's mean" "Jesse, no she is not!" "Uh huh! She said I was annoying and she through popcorn on me at the movies" "That was an accident" I sighed and put my hands on Jesse's face "Look, I love you okay. You're still my little brother, right? Just because your brother and I broke up, doesn't mean I love you any less" I said and he smiled.

     "I love you too" I stood up and kissed the top of his head before turning to Justin "We'll get going out of your hair," he said as I felt arms wrap around my waist, and I felt the familiar leather. "Wow" I heard Jesse whisper, and I chuckled and looked down to him "Jesse, this is my boyfriend, this is Jesse, my favorite little boy" "Hi, Jesse, my name is Sweetpea," he said, bending down to his level. "You have a tattoooooo?" "Justttttiiiin!" I turned to see my brother and Reggie running over to their friend before they bro-hugged and Reggie bent down to Jesse.

      "Hey bud, how was the doctors last month!? Are you getting better?!" "They said I start chemo next month!" I felt my heart tug a bit before I bent down and gave him a smile "You're gonna be alright, bub, you're strong. I'll come to visit you soon" I said and he smiled before hugging me, "You said I was your next boyfriend," he said as he pulled away, causing Justin, myself, Reggie, and Sweetpea to laugh. "How about after Sweetpea?" I ask and he smiles before I kissed his cheek.

      He hugged Reggie and Moose before Justin and himself left. "He starts chemo next month?" I heard Moose whisper, more to himself. "I thought he was better" I nodded and rested my head against Sweetpea's chest. "Toni I will break up with you if you put that snake on me I swear!" I laughed and pulled away, running into the living room before taking the snake and going upstairs.

      "Of all things, Buttercup?" I shrugged as I put the top on it "It's what I thought fit him when we picked him out" I said as Sweetpea wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled and leaned into him. "Let's go check on dinner."