Twenty Three-Monday

I walked into the student lounge, talking to my brother who had asked Ethel to Prom, and she said yes! "What color are you guys wearing?" I asked, and he gave me a shrug "I told her to pick whatever color she wants, and to let me know" I smiled. "I'm sure you guys will look great together," I said before walking over to my friends, setting down on my boyfriend's lap as his hands went straight to holding my thighs. "So Valentine's day is in a few days" I rolled my eyes at Kevin.

     "What about it?" I asked with a small chuckle. "Whats everyone doing!?" I shrugged "Probably laying in bed with this hunk and watching a movie," I said, pointing my thumb to my boyfriend. "Pops, right?" "If that's what you want, Betty" I cocked my eyebrow. Excuse me, sir? I shook it off before I leaned back against Sweetpea, who moved his arms to wrap around my torso.

     "Have I told you, I really like when you wear thigh highs?" Sweetpea whispered in my ear, causing me to smile and turn my head towards him "You might have mentioned it" "You look beautiful, today baby girl" I kissed his cheek "Thanks baby" I whispered before laying my head back against his shoulder.

"So, what if your parents decide to get married?" Jughead asked, pointing between Archie and myself. I shrugged "Then they get married," I said, and Archie nodded. "I mean, which house? What about Vegas?" "Probably our house, it has more room" I shrugged a bit. "Vegas would go with us" "Literally neighbors," I said. Jughead made a 'you right' look before dropping it.

----

     I walked in through the front door, "Mom, we're home!" I shouted, referring to Moose and myself. "Donny's room!" Moose and gave each other a confused look before starting to walk up the stairs, towards his bedroom where mom was putting his clothes into boxes. "Mom, what's going on?" I asked, walking in and setting on his bed. "I think it's time, kids." She said, turning to face us as she folded up a shirt and put it in a box.

     "Time for what, mom?" Moose asked, walked over to stand beside me. "Time that we put all of his things away. Clean his room" I nodded, not wanting to talk. I knew we needed to, but I didn't want to. I ran my hand over the blanket, staring at it. "I think your right," I said softly while looking up at her, and she gave me a sad smile before looking to Moose, as did I. He just nodded before walking over to his dresser and opening the top drawer.

      "Honey, Moose and I are gonna let you be in here for a moment, you can get whatever you want to have in your room," mom said, and I nodded. I really just wanted his cologne, his jacket, button-ups, and the photos. So, that's what I took. I tossed it on my bed and shouted that I was done. They came back in from moms room and we started to slowly box everything up. Moose came across a few of his shirt, causing him to use a few choice words, or an 'I knew it!' as mom and I laughed.

      When we finished, it looked bare. His bed, dresser, bedside table, and desk were still there. But now the walls were bare and there wasn't a single piece of paper or an empty bottle anywhere. Moose took everything from his room down to the basement.

      Mom decided to cook some chicken alfredo, and had me invite Sweetpea and Fangs over, before making me walk over to Archies and tell him he and Fred were coming to eat with us tonight. I walked over and went straight up to my bedroom, where I started to clean up. "Hey babe, whats up?" I turned to see Fangs and Sweetpea walking in, Fangs went straight to the LoveSac I had and flopped down on it before Sweetpea laid on my bed.

     "Just decided to pick up a bit" I replied with a small smile. I hung my hoodie up before sitting on the end of my bed. "You okay babe?" Sweetpea asked, as he leaned over and rubbed my shoulder, and I nodded. "C-Caden? Can I talk to you?" I looked towards my door where my brother stood, not looking anywhere besides the ground, arms crossed "Jesus" I mumbled while climbing off the bed, "What's wrong?" I asked. He looked behind me before grabbing my hand and dragging me towards his bedroom.

      "I don't know what to do, Caden," he said as he sat on his bed, so I stood in front of him as he put his head in his hands. "Whats wrong?" I asked, running my hands through his hair. "I-I like someone. But, I know how it'll end, and it's not good. I don't really know what to do" he said as he sniffled. I pushed his head up, seeing he was crying "Oh, Bubba" I started as I pulled his head into my stomach, rubbing his head as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

     "Tell me, whats going on," I said, playing with his hair. "Can we talk about it after dinner?" I nodded "Of course, are you okay though?" "I-I think I will be," he said, pulling away and looking up to me. I gave him a sad smile before kissing his forehead. "I love you, you're my big brother" "I love you too, baby sister," he said while grabbing my head and kissing my temple.

     For a minute, we stayed with me playing in his hair as he finished crying against my stomach. After a few minutes, I went to my bedroom where I saw the two boys talking. I crawled over Sweetpea and laid on top of him, my head in his chest. We sat up in my room, the three of us, talking for awhile before mom came bounding upstairs.

     "Kids, dinner is done," she said into our room, we gave her an okay before we actually started to get up. Moose passed by my room and made his way towards the stairs, where I followed him and grabbed his hand, he looked at me and gave me a smile before we made it down to the dining room where Archie, mom, and Fred sat. Mom sat in front of Fred, Archie beside Fred, and I sat beside mom, Sweetpea beside me, my brother at the head of the table, and Fangs across from Sweets.

     Mom had made everyone's plates already, so I started to eat my food almost straight away, before looking for a drink. I got up and walked into the kitchen, where I grabbed a few sodas and walked them back, giving everybody one. I could tell Moose was still upset, and it made me sad.

       When dinner finished, Mom had gone over to Fred's with the two men. Moose went up to his room almost right after, leaving the three of us to finish. When we did finish, I walked them outside when they left after they helped clear the table. I did the dishes quickly before I decided to go up to Moose's room.

     His door was closed, so I knocked softly "Moose?" the door opened, and my brother stood there in some gym shorts and a work out shirt. "We can talk now," I said and he nodded, turning around and walking over to his bed. I followed him, and we sat on his bed. "Whats wrong," I asked, grabbing his hand as we sat across from each other. "I-I think I like someone, Caden" "Whats bad about that?" "It isn't a girl, Caden" I looked at my brother for a second. "W-who- um" I tried to talk but I couldn't. Was he saying he was gay? O-" "I'm not gay! I can't be gay" I nodded "Of course not, but Moose if you're a boy, and you like a boy. That mea-" "I like girls too!" I nodded.

      "I know you do, I do, it just means you like both, okay? It's okay" I said, giving him a small smile, "Fangs-he's bisexual," I said, grabbing his hand tighter and holding it. "Caden, I don't want anybody to know" "Why not?" "Because it makes me a freak! Okay?!" I gave him a hard stone look "No it doesn't. Donny liked both, remember? There's nothing wrong with liking someone of the same sex, Moose" "I can't like him" he said, more to himself, as he started to cry.

      I sat up on my knees and hugged him tightly, as he cried into my neck and chest. "It's okay, Moose" I whispered while rubbing his back. "Who, who is it?" "You'll be mad" he mumbled, sniffling. "No I won't, I just want you happy," I said with a smile. "It's Kevin" he whispered, and it made me smile bigger. I was happy it was someone I trusted, and I knew about the two of them. Kevin was my best friend for christ sakes.

      "I know about your late nights with him," I said, rubbing his back. He shot up and looked at me "Kevin, he came to me crying" I said, and he frowned. "Crying?" "You hurt his feelings when you lied about telling Midge," I said, and he looked at his knees. I sat down right beside him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders "It's okay" I said "It's alright, Moose. Come on, really" "He doesn't like me, I know he doesn't, not anymore at least" I shrugged "So? That's one gay boy" I said with a smile "You'll find one, or you'll find a girl. Just whoever you love" I said before kissing his cheek.

       I laid us down on his bed, me holding him to me as I played with his hair.