Chapter 11: Rusted Silver

Start from the beginning

Once they were far enough ahead, Ash stopped, Pikachu looking at him confusingly. "You go that way," Ash explained, "and I'll just be over there- see?" he pointed to a spot not far off. "I won't go far."

Pikachu nodded and raced off, assured that his trainer would keep himself safe...

Unfortunately, he forgot how reckless Ash could be.

Sorry, buddy.

Ash did head towards the spot, but did not stop. In fact when he went past it, he started running, sprinting even, desperate to find and save Serena,

"Remember... you said it way back then... don't give up 'till it's over!"

He did remember telling her that, all those years ago, when he found her in that forest, hurt and scared and alone. Maybe this time wouldn't be all that different. He would find her again, he had to believe.

Serena, if I don't give up...

You can't either.

.....................................................................................................

Serena

Ouch...

At first, when she fell, she thought she was flying. The feeling of weightlessness, the air rushing to meet her, she could've flown away, maybe meet the moon on her way out.

Then she looked down and realized that gravity was not her friend, but the enemy.

She landed with a soft crunch in the snow, and slowly dusted herself off. Perfect. How am I supposed to get out of here? She tried looking to see how deep the hole was, and to her disappointment, it seemed pretty deep, and she was stuck at the bottom. At least this hides me from the wind better.

However, snow still continued to fall, and, as Serena realized with worry, could potentially fill up the hole, causing her to suffocate. Think, Serena, think!

She came up with an idea that wasn't her best, but would suit her needs for the time being. She fully stood up, and walked over to one of the sides of the pit. Please let this snow be easy enough to move. It took her a little while, but eventually she began to dig a little crevice into the wall. She dug for ten minutes straight, not stopping out of the fear the the snow would swallow her up. Her arms were aching, and her legs wobbled by the time she finished. Even when she stopped, she had barely enough space to fit herself in. She felt her legs give out beneath her, and she crawled inside the small space she'd made for herself. Tears started to pour down her face again.

Ash, I don't want to give up, but I...

I...

This is hopeless!

She was cold, hungry, helpless, and lost. She needed warmth. She needed someone to tell her that it was going to be okay, that they would come and bring her somewhere safe. But, cooped up in the hole, she heard nothing, no one. The only sounds she heard were her quiet sobs.

This is hopeless... I'm going to-

She sat up, alert.

She heard something on the ground. Above the hole.

Wait...

It sounded like tiny shuffling noises, then snow crunches. It was like a cycle... shuffle, crunch, shuffle, crunch, until she heard the voice...

"Serena?"

Wait... is it...

"Serena, if you're there, please answer me!"

ASH!

"A-Ash!" she tried calling out, but she earned no response. "ASH!" she tried again, louder this time. She felt her heart go into overdrive. If he didn't find her, she'd surely die.

"Ash, please!" she begged.

A few moments passed, and the sounds stopped. Serena held her breath.

"Serena?" Ash called again.

"Ash! Yes! I'm here!" she yelled happily.

She could hear the relieved tone in Ash's voice. "Where are you?"

"I-I..." she then realized how stupid it was when she said it. "I fell down this hole..."

She heard crunching noises approach the hole, then abruptly stop. "This one?" she heard Ash ask. She slowly crawled out of her hiding spot, and brightened to see him peering down into the pit.

"Yeah!" she replied happily, waving her arms to catch his attention. She smiled when he saw her, and she saw his mouth curve into a smile too.

"Don't worry, Serena!" he called down, his voice echoing a bit. "I'm going to get you out. It'll be okay. I'm coming- just wait a sec." his face disappeared as he ran away from the hole, returning seconds later with what appeared to be a vine. "Here!" he called, throwing it down to her. "I'll hold it- can you climb?"

Serena nodded weakly. She didn't feel that she could climb right now, but if it was what was going to get her to warmth and safety, she would do it. She nodded again, determined. "I'm ready," she called, grabbing the makeshift rope as it was thrown down to her.

"Okay," Ash yelled to her. "I'll keep it steady." Serena nodded and began to climb. This is a lot harder than I thought... wait... this vine doesn't feel-

It all happened so fast.

Her swaying.

Him pulling.

Both reaching.

The vine breaking.

Her flying. The wind... the air...

No, not flying.

Falling.

And little did she know...

He was flying too.

That's all for today, everyone! Again, super sorry for not updating in a while, I was really busy with other things at home and stuff. I will be really busy next week, so I might not be able to update, but we'll see.

One more thing... does anyone watch Miraculous Ladybug???

Cause I am going to start 2 new Miraculous books on my profile. The first is called "Strength", which is an identities revealed and G/T, sort of like this story. The second will be the first book of a series called "Protectors of the Balance," which includes my Miraculous OC and lots of Love Square action! Those will probably come out in August some time, so stay tuned for those!!!

And now for our Pokemon Question of the Day (I missed these so much)...

Which region(s) has the best legendaries?

Hmm... I think I'd have to say Kanto, Kalos, and Alola. Comment your answers below!

(Finally) that's all for now! Have an awesome day/night! Don't forget to...

Stay tuned ;)