Chapter 28

~ Sophia POV ~

We're on an interstate and mountains are in the distance. "Jason, why are you slamming on the brakes and where are we?" Beck asked in a sleepy voice. "There was a deer and we are in South Dakota at the moment." Jason said looking at us and smiled. Wait what? I was no longer tired. "Whoa whoa whoa. Did you just say South Dakota? We're like 14 hours away from Illinois." I said. leaning forward. "Yeah. That makes you even safer. Hey Beckett, where's the lake house your brother always talks about?" Jason pulled onto an exit that lead to a highway. "It's in Washington." Beckett said sitting up straighter. Jason pulled to the side of the highway and opened his door then ours. "Your turn to drive sleepy head. You've had your 9 hour break." Beckett climbed out of the vehicle and got in the front. Jason hopped in the back seat with me. I scooted over to the passenger side he slid over and sat in the middle seat. "Will we ever go back to Illinois?" I asked staring out my window. "Maybe. It would just be a few years. Things need to cool down." he said. I could see him looking at me out of the corner of my eye. "What's wrong?" he asked put a hand on my cheek and turned my head toward him. "Nothing just tired," I said not making eye contact. "If your tired, why can't you look at me?" he asked. I looked him in the eyes. He looked like he cared but a lot of people fake there emotions. "Jason, I'm just tired. Can you move over to the other seat and I can lay across the seats. Please?!" I asked. "Yeah. Is it ok if I lay down too?" I nodded. He let go of my face and we laid down. Jason laid down on his back as I laid down between him and the back of the seat. He wrapped his one arm around me as I laid my head on his chest. I brought both my hands up to my face but after a while Jason took my hand in his. I soon fell asleep to his heart beat and the incredible smell of his cologne.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's kinda a short chapter. So there in on there way to Washington, interesting. Is Sophia just sleepy or does she mean 'tired as in tired of what's happening'?

Hit that vote button if you'd like, Thank You :3