Chapter 19

~ Sophia's POV ~

Jason pulled out something wrapped in an aluminum foil then two cans of pop. He unwrapped the foil and handed me a pop, "Do you want some left over pizza? It's from the other day." he said putting a plate in the microwave. "Sure." I mumbled. He pulled out the plate and handed me a slice of pizza. We ate in silence until Jason spoke up. "Were you ok last night? I woke up and you were crying." he hoisted himself on the counter beside me. "Y-yeah.. Just a bad dream." I said taking another bite. "May I ask what happened?" he asked hopping off the counter and throwing his trash away. Jason walked back over and leaned against the counter looking at me. I hesitated, "I was back on the trail and seen my mom. She ran towards me and I went to give her a hug but," I looked away from him not wanting to look into his eyes. "She ran right through me like I was a ghost. I turned around and seen her kneel beside something in the leaves. I walked up behind her and se-," I started to tear up. Jason rested his hand on my knee. "She was kneeling next to my body. I was wearing the same clothes as when you took me. I looked to see if I was breathing and I wasn't. My mom kept saying "I'm sorry I was too late." I tried to shake her shoulders but my hands just went right through her. I started screaming at her telling her '"I'm right here! I'm not dead!" but she kept repeating the same words. She brushed the hair of my lifeless face and told me to wake up. Then her voice started fading and I couldn't here her, all I could hear was a guy laughing. I looked around and didn't see anyone just my mom by my dead body. I started running for the house as I herd someone yelling at me to wake up." I looked up at him with tears rolling down like face. "When i got to my house there was a bloody hand print on the door. Then the voice telling to wake up turned into your voice and that's when I woke up." Jason embraced me in a hug and I hugged him back by wrapping my arms around his neck. He lifted me off the counter then picked up one of my legs and put it around his waist. I lifted my other leg and did the same as he carried me into the living room. Why is he being so nice?

~ Jason's POV ~

"May I ask what happened?" I asked as I finished my pizza and hoped of the counter and threw away my paper towel. I walked over and leaned against the counter as she started to talk. After a while she looked away and tears started to make there way from her eyes. Every time she cries I feel sad but I don't know why. As she stopped talking she looked up at me. I felt horrible like I could feel what she was feeling so I hugged her and surprisingly she hugged back. I picked her off the counter and wrapped her leg around me then walked to the living room and up the stairs into the little family room. "Do you want to watch a movie to get that off your mind?" I asked looking through the little amount of movies we had. "Sure." she sniffled into the crook of my neck. "What kind of movie? I brought a few new ones but not much." she lifter her head off my shoulder and looked at the pile of movies. "Do you have 21 Jump Street?" she asked laying her head back down as I looked through the pile. "Yeah," I picked up the movie and put it in the movie player. I walked over to the closet and pulled out a few blankets then walked over to the couch. I sat down on the couch and Sophia climbed off my lap. She snuggled up against my side as I put my arm around her.

When the movie was over and the credits started rolling over the screen I decided to tell her. "At first the reason I kidnapped you was because I wanted revenge against your father and Nick. After we sent the first video and got the money I was going to kill you but something stopped me. I decided to let you live even though the guy Beckett and me work for didn't like the idea I did it anyway behind his back. He hasn't found out yet and I'm hoping he doesn't but I cant hind it forever." I said shifting on the couch so I was facing her more. "Your also a little more safer with Beckett and me then you are at home." She looked at me weirdly, "How am I safer here? My father is a cop. I know a lot of people hate the police but I'm still safe there." I looked away and turned off the tv. "Your dad was in a gang when my brother was killed. Even if he left the gang they still keep in touch. That means they could have showed up at your house while everyone was out and take you, just like I did." She looked away, "Jason, how am I any safer when your one of the most wanted criminals? I know you have people after you other than the cops." That was true I had a lot of gangs after me but that didn't stop me. "Yeah that's true but I'm here protecting you 24/7. If anyone had the idea of hurting you they'd be dead because I'm not gonna let anyone touch you." I looked into her eyes as the light hit them just right and they twinkled. She so beautiful, there was no way I'd let anyone hurt her. I don't know what got into me but I looked at her lips then back at her eyes. Next thing I knew my lips were on hers. I pulled back quick and looked away. "Sorry," I said standing up and walked down the stairs not knowing what to do. Was I falling for the girl I kidnapped?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh la la, Jason just kissed Sophia. Is anyone fan girling or is it just me? Does Jason have a sweet side or is he a master at faking his emotions? If your loving this story please hit that vote button :)