She heard something land behind her before hearing the iconic whine of someone loading a weapon. "Who the hell are you? And how did you find us?"

"I was sent to help-"

"By whom?" Tony demanded. "Because  I don't remember asking for help".

"By someone who thinks it's time for y'all to stop dicking around and find the tesseract!" 

"Still haven't answered my question". She could hear him take a step forward.

If Nat wasn't leaning on her, she would have already kicked his ass. She nodded to Steve to grab her and he did. Christine was finally able to turn around and face the famous Iron Man. He held up his hands and the weapons were pointed right at her. He still had his helmet on regardless of any incoming threat. By his defensive stance she could tell that yelling wasn't going to get them anywhere.

"Who is the only person you know that has the ability to do so?"

She turned in a circle and looked at everyone's face. All of their faces finally reflected the answer to their question.

"Fury" someone said.

"Now can we all stop giving me the third degree and see what the hell they-" she gestured towards the bodies around them. "-were guarding"

She trudged her way past them and followed the trail of bodies.

~

It was a bust.

Whoever was here had left just before we got there.

They arrived at an abandoned facility, it looked like an old factory. When they went inside, they saw that the outside was just a façade. It was a prison. There were cells everywhere, each of them with glass walls to watch the prisoner.Some of the cells still had bile in them. The smell so overwhelming that it made Christine gag. The lights were still on and there were blueprints and papers strewn about.

They gathered up as much as they could and headed to the jet.

The team agreed that Christine should go with them, they were gonna head back to Stark Tower to reconvene. So she grabbed her bag from her car and joined them.

She took that chance to look around the building. She had dropped off Nat to the med room and was walking around by herself. She had found the obnoxious living room with a bar, looked at all the bedrooms, offices, and labs.

After awhile of  aimlessly walking around she finally made her way back to the team. They were all in one of the computer labs, gathered around someone.

They didn't hear Christine come in so they continued speaking.

She leaned against one of the walls behind her. She used this opportunity to listen in.

"How's Nat?" Steve asked

"She's fine, she has a few bruised ribs but she'll be back on her feet in a few days" Clint answered.

"Cho put her on bed rest?"

Clint nodded.

Steve patted his back. "Good luck with that"

A new voice chimed in, one she hadn't heard before. It peaked her interest so she stepped closer. A male was standing next to them,  she could only see the back of his curly, salt and pepper head.

She recognized him as Dr.Bruce Banner. Her research indicated that this was the man behind the Hulk. She sized him up and down and marveled at the stark difference between the two.

"She'll be on her feet by the end of the exam and we know it."

Chuckles filled the room.

The door on the other side of the room opened and she looked up. Her eyes widened at the sight before her. She was surprised to see her old friend.

She looked the same. Her brown hair was shorter and just grazed her shoulders. Her eyebrows were pinched together and she was holding a mug. She nodded her head along to what Tony was saying. "So, some girl showed up?"

"Yeah, said that Fury sent her"

"What was her name?"

She hadn't realized that she was walking towards her until she was only a few feet away. The woman stopped in her tracks and dropped the item that was in her hand.

"Christine?" She whispered.

Christine took a step forward, she could tell that the team was confused but she didn't care.

"Wait, you know her?" Tony pointed at Christine.

They both ignored him and embraced each other in a hug. Christine could feel her tears on her shoulder. She breathed in her familiar scent and smiled. She remembered the first time they met like yesterday.

"Christine, I'd like to introduce you to your mentor.She's gonna help you adjust to life as a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. She trained your sister and she is going to train you too."

A tall brunette stood in front of  her. She watched as her sister smiled up at the woman, adoration in her eyes. The brunette stuck out her hand.

"I'm Maria"

———————————————————

Thank you guys for being patient with me

Thank you guys for being patient with me. I have finally updated. Hope you like it.

Vote. Comment. Share.