27| Reading People

Start from the beginning

At that, I faked a scoff, which turned out to sound like a seal choking. "For breakfast, of course!" I tried not to cringe at myself.

"Oh! It's okay then. Let's go get breakfast at least." she offered before reaching out to start pushing me again. Only to make me stop her once more.

"I already had breakfast." I hissed making her frown again. "I'm sorry, it's just I woke up really early this morning and I was starving and craving food. You get it, right?"

She waved me off, nodding. "I get it. Don't worry about it," she mentioned understandably, making me feel bad for lying.

She's so nice! I hate myself.

"Guess I'll just hang out with you here today." she shrugged before she turned around and walked towards my bed.

My eyes widened with panic. "No!" I yelled, hence leading her to glance back at me with a weird look.

"I mean, you don't have to stay and deal with me. I tend to be a real bitch while on my period." I explained furthermore as she rolls her eyes.

"It's fine! Aren't we all?"

"Yeah, but as you should really just go have some fun!" I told her with encouragement. "Get out and enjoy nature. Don't worry about me I'll be fine!"

"Are you sure?" she asked as if she felt remorseful.

"Yeah! Just go!" I continued. "It's not like they open the gates all the time! Just go and enjoy the day!"

"Well, if you insist!" she finally gave in, trying to hide the fact that she was excited.

I walked with her towards the door with a fake full smile on my face. "I'll see you at dinner," I told her as she heads out.

"Okay. Bye!"

A second later, I closed the door.

Well, that was easy...

I sighed in relief before I headed back to my bathroom, where I stood in front of my mirror and tied my hair up in a bun. Though uncontrollably, I couldn't help but stare at myself for a few minutes.

It was true that I was incredibly skinny. I might have gained a bit few weight gradually from when I was still recovering, but my bone features were still strongly visible.

My face was slim, facial structure still looked firm. My eyes were less weary and my hair is starting to gain volume and get rich within its colour.

Meanwhile, my body got a little bit heavier. I could no longer see how bony my shoulder, elbows, knees or ankles are. Also, my breast got a bit bigger. 

Instead of feeling pity for myself, I wore a small smile and viewed it as progress. Though it was small, it proved that I'm strong. As if I'm winning my old self again. 

Maybe one day, I'll recover my memory too.

Once I was satisfied with the way my ponytail looked, I glanced one more time at my body before I left the bathroom.

Without wasting any more time, I grabbed my key and my ID card and went straight to the door. A few seconds later, I was walking down the halls.