Requested Colby

You get seriously hurt

Colby!

 Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

Everything was fine. We were just singing along to the radio, having fun. But the truck came out of nowhere. There was nothing we could do. Nothing he could do.

My head was spinning, everything ached and hurt. Somehow, I found the energy to pry my eyes open. But they were pierced by a bright light, making me slam them shut again. My only thoughts were Colby. I forced them open again and a steady beeping made its way through the deafening silence. I glanced around. I was in hospital. My chest felt heavy.

I needed to see him. I needed to know that he was okay.

It was quiet for a few minutes, nothing significant to be heard or seen. Then, a door opened. My heart nearly leapt out of my chest as I caught sight of his brown hair. "Colby." I said, but it came out hoarse and croaky. His head snapped up and I saw his beautiful blue eyes. They were sad. "W-what is it?" I asked in a whisper. He took in a shaky breath and fiddled with his hands. "I-if it hadn't been for me, then you'd never have got hurt." He whispered back and my heart tensed as his eyes glazed over. He was blaming himself. "Don't you start crying, you're gonna make me cry." I gave a weak laugh, but he still looked sad. "It wasn't your fault." I added in a soft tone; memories making their way back to me. "It was whoever was driving the truck. It couldn't have been helped." I was praying for him to know that, praying for him to know that none of this was his fault. It was silent for a few minutes, until a nurse walked into the room. "Oh! You're awake." She said happily, noting that Colby was still stood near the door. Her face fell slightly but the smile came back just as strong as she looked at my chart. "You were lucky Miss L/N." She commented, glancing over at Colby for a brief second. "If it wasn't for his quick turn, the injuries would be much more serious instead of just a broken leg and a sprained wrist." I mentally thanked her. She was confirming what I was trying to tell Colby!

The nurse did a few checks before finally leaving us alone together. "See?" I asked in a small voice. "If anything you saved me." I added and he nodded a little. I let out a long breath, looking up at the ceiling. "Do I have to beg for you to come over here and kiss me?" I asked aloud, and I heard him give a light chuckle, which made my heart warm. I thought i might never hear it again. I heard shuffling and a chair scraping on the floor. I turned over to see Colby now seated beside me. I smiled, at least he was still here. "It was never your fault." I whispered, just hoping he knew that. "I-I know. But right now I'm just glad you're okay." I nodded and he kissed my forehead lightly. "Not the kiss I wanted, but I'll talk it." I laughed and he joined in too, before kissing my lips gently. "There." He said smiling, before intertwining our fingers together. I squeezed his hand a little, just reminding myself that he was there, and he was safe.

Any Requests? Comment Below!