Chapter Thirty

♫Too Good by Troye Sivan

~Epilogue coming tomorrow! Here is the second last chapter of this fic, and I want to say thank you to everyone who has read it and stuck with it since it was first published in February!

~There will also be news of a new story that I'm so excited to publish because the idea has been in my head since March!

~Anyway, please enjoy this chapter because I've spent an hour and a half writing it!

Everyone had finished their final exams, and anxiously awaited their results and (hopefully) acceptance letters for colleges. Upon that day, they decided to open their letters at Teresa's house.

Thomas had to stop Newt from chewing off his fingernails, otherwise he would have none left. Newt had to assure Thomas everything would be okay and he would be accepted into a great college, even if they weren't going to the same one.

Thomas was smart, Newt knew this, but Thomas didn't have much faith in himself.

"I'm scared, Newt," Thomas breathed heavily. "What if my grades aren't good enough, what if the class is already too big, what if-"

"Tommy, calm down," Newt ordered. "Everything will be fine; you'll be accepted into college. You'll get a degree, and you'll go on into the future happy and successful."

"But I want you in my future, Newt, I can't bear the though of being without you," Thomas began to sob.

"I'll always be there. Even if I'm not by your side every second of the day, I'll still be supporting you. I've never doubted you once, Thomas, and I never plan on it."

"I don't know, Newt..."

"You'll be fine. We'll be fine." Newt pulled Thomas into a hug, rubbing his back. Thomas soon calmed under his touch, and his cries turned into sniffles. "We better get going, otherwise we'll be late."

They grabbed their letters and left the house, locking the door afterwards. Hand in hand, they took a detour through the park, talking and laughing, distracting themselves from their fate. It seemed to have worked, because Thomas' eyes were no longer puffy and red, rather, they were filled with joy.

"You know," Newt said, "I think we should travel before we go back to school."

"Where would we go?" Thomas asked, liking the idea of spending some time alone with Newt in a foreign place.

"Europe. We would go to France, Italy, Spain, Portugal...you name it. You, me, the sun and the sea," Newt laughed.

"When would we leave?" Thomas asked yet another question.

"Next week. We want to leave as soon as possible, right?"

"Yeah." Thomas stopped and turned to Newt, pressing a kiss to his forehead. As he was about to continue walking, Newt pulled him closer for another kiss, only this time on his lips.

Thomas smiled into it, and wrapped a protective arm around Newt's waist. They didn't care if people were watching them, because their future would be about them.

"We're already late to Teresa's," Thomas whispered into Newt ear after pulling away, intertwining their fingers before walking again.

"So you're just gonna kiss me then walk away?" Newt asked.

"Oh, hush, you'll be getting more than you bargained for later," Thomas teased.

Newt smirked at his comment, "I guess I'll have to see that statement true."

***

"Why are you guys so late? Have you been having sex again?" Teresa asked as soon as she opened the door, inviting Thomas and Newt inside.