Chapter One

Thomas, Newt, Mihno, Gally, Alby, Fry Pan, Teresa and Brenda; The Inseparable Eight. Or so that's what everybody calls them. They've all been friends since kindergarten and stuck through thick and thin together. They've had their fights and fall outs but at the end of the day, they were able to make up and move on. This is what keeps their friendships so close.

However, they all have problems they have to face each day, whether it be depression, anxiety, insomnia, anger issues or OCD. This puts a line on their friendship. A line they know they cannot cross. Especially with Newt.

Newt doesn't want to be the fragile, broken one of the group, but he knows he is. He hides it so perfectly from others through fake smiles and laughs, but nothing can get past his true friends. They all know what the's been through but they don't dare speak of it incase he relapses. Newt has all the support he could ever wish for and more, and the best friends he never thought he'd come across and be lucky enough to have. They've shown him the light that brightened his dark world.

But the person who's never let him down, who's never said a word against him, is Thomas.

Thomas, with dark brown eyes and hair, saved Newt. Vunerable as he is also, he puts Newt before him, always. His friends know he suffers from anxiety and insomnia but never approach the subject without Thomas saying it's okay. He only ever gets three hours sleep per night and usually woken by nightmares. Sometimes he's woken drenched in sweat and trying to regain his breath which feels like it's too far gone to save him. But tired as he is, he's always up to beat Minho in athletics.

Minho is prefectly stable. He doesn't have to worry about anything except his friends mental health. He's the one you'd call for help and advice and he'd always give it to you, even if it was the middle of the night. It's no secret Minho was brought up by an athletic family and was encouraged to particapate in sport. He chose running at a young age and went to the gym weekly with his father. His mother wanted him to be academic, too, so she had him studying Maths, English and Science every night, even if it was only for an hour each. He's an A* student. Minho just wants to do his parents proud.

Gally can be a bit of a dick, but he's alright. He's the most argumentative out of everybody but tries to keep his mouth shut when it's not his place to provide an opinion. Growing up, people made fun of him for his facial features. They always said his brows were arched in a weird way which made him self-conscious. After years of continuous harassment, Gally stood up for himself and told everybody they can 'go fuck themselves' and his eyebrows were more natural than half the girls in the school. Gally has an amazing sense of humour and really knows how to cheer you up when you're having a bad day. Some people think he's crazy whereas his friends know he's off his rocket.

Alby is eldest of the group. He's a dark skinned boy with short cropped hair and his face clean shaven. He has a kind heart and a generous soul and would kill for you. Alby studies computer sciences and hopes for a degree someday before whizzing off to University. He has his life planned out ahead of him but lives in the moment with his friends. Alby knows he has girls chasing his tail 24/7 but really can't be arsed with them. He thinks they are too needy and clingy, but he wants to settle down one day to have a family of his own. Alby is the kind of person you cant rant to for hours and he'll just sit and listen to you without complaining. He'll keep secrets for you, even if they're about your closest friends, because you know you can trust him with your life.

Fry Pan is the mother of the group. He cooks and cleans up after everybody's mess. He can tell when you're being honest and when you're lying but he won't make you talk about anything you don't want to. A Guardian Angel, his friends say. Fry Pan stays true to his word and pays his debts when they're due. He wants to go to college to study catering and open his own restaurant some day. Hell, he can make the strongest flavours come out of beans on toast.Fry Pan is the best at comforting you when you're upset. There's been times where he's stopped and hugged a random stranger while they're crying and tell them everything will be ok.

Teresa is the one who's really into chick flicks and romance movies. She's the odd one out in the group. She's the one you talk to if you have relationship problems because she's been chewed up and spit out by too many unworthy boys. She walks the corridors in school like she owns them. She keeps her head held high and lets nothing get in her way. Teresa is always suspicious of you. Somehow she can sense you're unhappy just by your body language or the look in your eye. Some people miss judge her. They call her names behind her back because they've heard false rumors about her sleeping with any guy who approaches her. But they don't know Teresa like her real friends do. They know she hasn't ever done anything with a guy that she doesn't want to. She's a capable and responsible person, for goodness sakes.

Brenda is the Lara Croft of the group. She grew up watching the Tomb Raider movies, or any Angelina Jolie movie for that matter. In her mind she's an assassin. She's quiet and stealthy and has the guts to do anything she pleases. She stands up for her friends when they can't do it themselves. Brenda is the element of the group there can only be one of. She's a rare specimen and super smart too. She adores martial arts and is quick on her feet. She can pin her friends down within seconds if she wants too, mainly just to show off. Brenda gives everyone hope and confidence and will definitely fight for what is right.

They're all different in their own ways, yet they share some similarities. The small things like sense of humour and kindness is only a mere fraction of their likeliness.

However, Newt has a secret he is so sure nobody knows; he looks at Thomas differently and with more passion. He adorns him, and every time he has a break down or feels depressed again, Thomas is the one to build him back up. Every time their hands accidentally brush, he feels an electric spark ride through his meek body. It is a sense that cannot be described, nor cherished in such a way to let his feelings grow even more.

Thomas also has a secret he does not want anybody knowing-especially Teresa. He knows she will flip if she finds out he's only dating her to suppress his feelings towards Newt. They walk hand in hand around school and only kiss lightly when they're around others. Thomas knows it makes Newt uncomfortable to see him do that but he has to convince himself that liking Newt in such a way is only a passing phase.

Neither of them see each other as being weak. Quite the opposite, really. Thomas thinks Newt is strong and brave. He yearns to run his hands through his curly, golden hair and feel the warmth of his chest pressed up against his own. Newt doesn't seem to have any hope. Everything is dark and negative in his mind, like there is no escape from his depression. All he wishes to do is be able to express his feelings towards Thomas, but it's difficult when the one he admires loves another.

But little do the both of them know their friends aren't so blind not to see the turns in which they take gazing at each other longingly.