Chapter Twenty One

~I seen Infinity War and oh my god, I'm still in shock over it. I'm not going to give any spoilers but I never expected it to turn out the way it did.

~I'm on study leave now for a month so hopefully I'll be able to fit in more time to write.

~I caught up with Shadowhunters and I highly recommend it.

~I'm now watching Teen Wolf for the 3rd time within 12 months. I've almost finished season 1 and I'm trying to get through to season 3 because that's my favourite. It's such a bad time to start watching stuff because I have an exam tomorrow and instead of studying I've been watching Teen Wolf...oops. 

Newt's POV

Waking up after three days to see a crying Thomas broke my heart. I didn't want it to turn out this way, but sometimes things just happen. I've been able to hear everyone speaking to me but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make any words leave my mouth or even lift one finger to show them I was there.

But Thomas told me he loved me.

And I said it back.

I had been so afraid of admitting it to him, but it's what kept me going and what brought me back. I've never felt something so strong in my life; something so uplifting and pure. But it scares me because I don't want to lose him. Ever.

Time seemed to have frozen for a few seconds as I looked into his eyes and seen the hurt and guilt embedded in him. Neither of us spoke. A thick silence suffocated us. I don't think I've ever felt so pressured to say something in my life.

"Hey! Guys, Newt's awake!" A yell broke the awkwardness in the room. There were people flooding into the hospital room. But not just any people  -my friends. 

Teresa was the first to run over to me and embraced me in a hug. Her arms were secure around my back, and her face was buried in my neck as she sobbed; "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Newt, I should have been there sooner."

"It's okay, Teresa, it's not your fault," my voice sounded groggy. She pulled away from the hug after what felt like hours and tried to calm her sobs. Thomas grabbed her by the hand and pulled her out the room. Teresa's cries got quieter and more distant, signifying they were far away. 

"Glad to see you're awake, Newt," Brenda said softly, giving me a small smile.  

"We, um, need to speak with you Newt," Minho spoke up after staring at me in stunned silence. "It's-"

"Ah, Mr Isaacs, glad to see you awake," a nurse waltzed into the room, her voice loud and cheery as she cut Minho off. She played about with the machines beside me while speaking to herself. She turned her attention back to me and looked at me with sharp eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"Alright," I answered. 

"It says here that this is your second suicide attempt in two years, so we are going to get you professional help," she stated bluntly. 

"What?" I whimpered. 

"This is what we wanted to tell you, Newt, so it wouldn't be so much of a shock when the doctor told you," Minho piped up again.

I looked at my other friends who all had the same look of despair in their eyes.

"It's for the best," Gally said. There was a chorus of agreement, shocking me they planned this while I was lying in a coma. 

"I know this is the last thing you want, Mr Isaacs, but you're going to be spending three full months in rehab. I know this is all very sudden, but it was a very difficult decision for your friends to make. Everybody wants you to get better," the nurse calmly.