Chapter Twenty

♫ Strawberries and Cigarettes by Troye Sivan.

~Slightly shorter chapter but just as emotional as the last.

~I'm starting to get bored of this fic and I don't like writing it anymore but not to fret, I'm on study leave next week for a whole month so I'll probably be able to get a chapter up more often. I want this fic to end soon so I can publish the other one I've started.

~Also, I've started Shadowhunters and I'm on season 2 now so I really want to write a Malec fic at some point. 

~I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Thomas's POV

I haven't left my bed in three days. 

It's not fair to live while Newt is in a comatose state. It doesn't seem real, somehow. It's like a nightmare I can't wake up from. I've cried so much I've run out of tears. It hurts to produce one pathetic tear from my eyes. 

My friends have stopped by to check on me; they're worried about me, but they should be more worried about Newt. Which reminds me I cant' bear to see him. I don't want to look at his lifeless body and wish it was all over. 

I haven't eaten since...well, I can't remember. My stomach no longer growls at me for food because it knows it's useless. I feel dizzy a lot but only from the lack of vitamins and liquids entering my body. My phone vibrates on my night stand and I'm temped to throw it at the wall. I can't stand the buzzing anymore, it's beginning to drive me insane. 

I keep thinking about Newt; his fluffy blonde hair, chocolate brown eyes, his ridiculously thin figure...I want him here. In my bed, with me. I want things to be normal again, or at least what they were before...this. 

"Everything is your fault,"  Newt's words echo through my head. If he dies today, they will be one of his lasts words to me. 

There's a sudden bang and a crack of light entering my room. I slowly turn to see Minho standing at my bedroom door, his arms crossed over his chest.

"You, Thomas Edison, are in some deep shit," he spits angrily. "We've been with Newt for the past three days, wishing you would come and see him. But no, you've been here crying your eyes out. I hate to break it to you, but that's not going to help him."

"What do you want, Minho?" My voice cracks as I speak.

"You're coming with me to see Newt," he says, this time calmer. He makes his way over to my bed and tugs at my arm, immediately pulling me on to my feet. He towers over me slightly and looks me up and down. "You need a shower."

I'm hauled to the bathroom. Minho turns on the shower and chucks a towel on the floor, "five minutes, and if you're not out by then, I'm coming in to get you."

I nod as a reply before he walks out and shuts the door behind him. I strip of my clothes and step into the shower, forgetting how good it feels to have hot water pouring over your body. I clean my hair and body, enjoying the sensation of feeling clean again, before turning off the shower and wrapping a towel round my hips.

I look at myself in the mirror and run a hand through my soaked hair. I brush my teeth, getting rid of a horrible taste in my mouth. When I'm done, I walk back to my room and jump slightly as Minho stands at the opposite side. He's opened the curtains that have been shut for days, made the bed and cleaned everything off the floor that I've thrown in anger. 

"Thanks," I mumble before grabbing clothes to wear. "Could you..." I ask Minho, who understands what I'm trying to say. He turns his back and stares out the window while I throw on a pair of boxers, then black skinny jeans and a grey t-shirt. I rummage through my drawers and freeze as I see a dark blue hoodie at the bottom of a pile.